Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Grandma got run over by a Ford Expedition

Hey guys! So, how do I celebrate my 1 yr blog anniversary? By getting into a wreck. (sigh). But really, it wasn't that bad. And NOTHING compared to last October's wreck. I was heading back from lunch alone, Brent had skipped lunch because he had a dentist appointment. I was on Waldron Rd (in the 'burb of Lavergne where we work) and was getting in the turn lane to turn left on the street we work on when a lady trying to make a left turn out of Arby's whacked me. Stupid Arby's. The two lanes of traffic on her side had stopped to let her out, but I couldn't see that because of all the traffic/tractor trailers, and she was only looking to her right for oncoming traffic and never saw me coming. I saw her starting to pull out and honked as I slowed down, but she just never saw me and whacked my front right bumper. It made a massive crunching sound and I immediately called Brent. When I got out I tried to figure out where she had hit me - and finally saw two or 3 scratches on my front bumper. The tow thingy on the front of the Expy seemed to take a lot of the hit. Later I noticed that my right turn signal is pushed in, so that is a bit of a safety hazard. Her Camry? Well, the hood is REALLY screwed up. Obviously, I drive a Tank. And this morning I was considering get a Civic because they get 40 mpg and I was a little miffed that it's running us $65-70 dollars to fill up my Tank lately.

She got out of her car and was SHAKING. She was apologizing over and over again, and was pretty frieked out. She told me it was her first wreck, and at least she wasn't on her cell phone or a total jerk-ass redneck like the last woman. I started assuring her it was fine, and it was no big deal, and she kept trying to get me away from traffic. She was really upset, just a little old grandma who made a simple mistake. We call the police and Brent speeds up, jumps out and is about to lay into the little old lady when I stop him and tell him "it's ok" so he takes pictures instead. When it's fight or flight he's ready to take down any old lady who wants to run into me! I told him we were all fine and he could go back to work. The police arrive, he does his thing and sends us on our way. She was very nice, it all comes down to attitude. If she had been mean or rude it would've been a terrible experience. But we were both calm and friendly, so it just wasn't a big deal. When I called her insurance company this afternoon she had already started the claims process. She gave me her card, and it turns out she works for the new kitchen supply store nearby, so maybe she can hook me up with some gourmet kitchen appliances at cost!

I seriously doubt I will ever buy a nice, new car. What's the point????

I also got to meet the lady buying our house today! The inspection was at 4 and there was supposed to be another showing at 5. I ran in a little before 5 to grab Pippin and they were still "inspecting". She's very nice, I like her. She really likes the house, so I know she'll take good care of it. We should hear back about our offer sometime tonight! I know they will counter, so hopefully they will still be reasonable.

Well, that's about all the news around here (as if that's not enough of a day for anyone!). This morning as I was walking Pips I thought "Man, I'm so jealous of people who just have time to lay around and watch hours of TV." Then my thoughts really changed and I thought "You know, I'm really NOT jealous of those people. I'm jealous of the people who have time to get out and run and exercise! That's where the fun is". You just never know when your time is up, and if you waste it by being a gross, lazy couch potato that's totally on you. I know our schedules will slow down really soon, but until then......I'll squeeze in my runs here and there!

Here's another cute pic of Brent and Pippin I took today I would have put in here if stupid Blogger wasn't a PAIN in the ass!! I don't know why they just can't handle photos lately. It's so annoying!!! So sorry for all the links to Flickr, but I just have too many pics to share!!

Have a great night!

P.S. I'm working on updating my template with races, links, etc. It's SO out of date! It's a little funky right now but I hope to have it all sorted out this weekend!

23 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad that everyone is okay. I hope things slow down for you soon and you have time to run whenever you want.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Geez louise, girl. Hope the rest of the day went alright, and "have a pleasant tomorrrow" as the SNL news gang says. I'll be sending good thoughts your way from a 200 passenger steel missile at 35,000 feet tomorrow.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Too bad about the wreck...but atleast the lady was nice.

Also - just wanted to let you know I couldn't get Blogger to show my photos either, and I downloaded Firefox and tried using it and it worked. Don't know exactly why - or if it really had anything to do with Firefox, but I thought I'd let you know.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Anyone having an accident should have the good fortune to run into nice people like you ... I just hope it's not me! ;)

Glad you guys are alright.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Happy Blogiversary. Too bad about the accident. I'm really glad it wasn't too bad. No couch potating for you, you've got races to train for. ;-)

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

That is a pretty big tank you motor around in. I am glad that you weren't hurt.

You are very busy. I hope your move and everything else goes smoothly for you.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Glad you are okay. You should get a Civic because it would help the environment and not just your wallet!

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everybody's okay after the accident.

Hope you got good news on the home buying front!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Wow, that is a way to celebrate the 'crashing' success of your one-year anniversary as a blogger. I love the line about your husband ready to take down grandma -- hilarious.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Oh no! Glad to hear everyone's OK!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Rice said...

Its always the other @ss's that you have to watchout for, my dad use to tell me..

cheer

Rice

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger KT said...

I will now make a shameless plug for the Civic hybrid, which we just bought and LOVE. 50 mpg, yo.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Girl...

what kind of title is that for the blog :).

I am surprise there si so much good pic taken during the accident. I am glad your car is ok. It doesn't look to scratch out to me.

A car is a car.sooner or later there will be dents and stuff. :)

As long as u and brent and pippin is ok...life is good.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh my goodness...I'm glad you're okay and that lil ole granny was really sweet about everything. You're totally right, attitude does make or break the experience.

My mantra with any accident is "cars can be replaced. people can't." I'm glad your tank drove off with minimal damage.

If you decide you still want a civic, we're getting ready to sell ours...(cute, red, '98 with 86k on it)...

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Glad everyone is ok.
Hope the house stuff gets wrapped up soon and you can start getting ready for those marathons.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad no one was hurt and you car is still moving.

Blogger doesn't let me load pictures either. I copy the pictures to my website and link to them.

Love the house you made an offer on!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

One year's bloggin' for both of us! Wo. Glad that I got to meet Brachel because of the blogosphere! And I am now following the house hunt/sale and wishing good things for ya!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

At least the wreck is not that bad. How come you spend so much in gas, I thought it was expensive here :O !!

Hope you're schedule goes back to normal soon, so you can enjoy more everything!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

isn't it true what a difference attitude can make in stressful situations? I gotta REMEMBER that! Glad no one got hurt.

(I'm gonna echo everyone else and say that civics rule!)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

What a great attitude in handling a tricky situation. It really was David versus Goliath with your ford and her lil camry. :D

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Glad that all is ok after the accident!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger David said...

I hope the inspection went well and the inspector was not too critical. Those inspection repairs can be expensive.
Congrats on getting it sold!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

wow glad you were both okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home