Friday, December 23, 2005

23 more miles

Hey guys! Because of the holidays I did my long run today. I knew I would be FAR from fresh since I just did 23 last Saturday, but I knew I needed to have some sort of long run. I had thought about doing 26, but I shortened to 23 instead. My left foot has been hurting me some on that curvy part just below your big toe, on the side. (yeah, I've obviously had a lot of science/biology training). I've been icing it all week and wearing as comfortable a shoe as possible (it's been somewhat swollen). I had it pretty under control and back to normal, but last night I was on my feet more than I needed to be and it was aching some before I went to bed. (Brent was sick so I was up cooking and cleaning and taking care of him.) Anyway, during today's run it would ache periodically and around the 20 mile mark I was starting to hurt so I shortened the run. I knew my body hadn't had enough recovery time, so I really wasn't that surprised at today's toughness. I'll post more pics and a longer description of it later. Brent showed up right around mile 15 and I was SO glad to see him! He was a very supportive cheerleader! I couldn't believe he was up and moving, esp after the bad night he had had the night before, but that's just the kind of hubby he is! AND, he gave me my first Christmas gift today: this website. Too cool!!

Afterwards I rested a little while and then we wrapped/organized gifts for about 3-4 hours, went to the grocery store and attempted to make some banana pudding. It looks more like banana soup so it may make the trash can and not be carried to the relatives tomorrow. We watched the Martha Stewart Apprentice finale while we wrapped. That show really ended up to be so dull, none of the candidates were spectacular AT ALL.

Merry Christmas!!

11 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Job Rae! Another 23 miles is a good way to get things done before Christmas. You should feel free to eat some extra goodies. You and Brent have a Merry Christmas.

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool website! Well done on the 23 miles!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Wow great job!! Two 23 milers in a row!!?! I hope your foot feels better. I really like Pippin's ears. I can never get Simba to wear any clothes like that. The website is awesome. Such a great gift. Merry Christmas!!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

I love the new website! Will there be "team rachel" t-shirts? :)

Hope your foot feels better - I've had some issues with the same general area, and I found that it seemed to come from wearing not-so-good-for-me shoes (like really cute heels or boots - although I refuse to wear stillettos), coupled with striking hard as I exercise. Once I hid all my "cute" shoes for a couple of weeks, and ran easy, my foot felt much better.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger ida said...

Merry Christmas, Rae!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

that website RULES

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger David said...

Rest up and let those aches heal.
Your Team Rachel site is neat. We need to see streaming video of the next 23 miler.

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nothing says "Happy Holidays!" better than getting your own domain and site. It looks very nice.

And good job on the 23 miles. Hope your foot feels better soon.

Happy Holidays!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Merry Christmas Rae!
(I'm currently being tortured by that horrid song link your hubby put up...egads!)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dallen said...

23 miles two weeks in a row! That is some hardcore running.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Love the new site! Hope you had a great holiday..I'm playing catch up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home