Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Big Finale

Hey guys! Tonight was another night on the treadmill. Ugh. Actually it's starting to not be such a bad thing. This is the 4th day in a row that I've run indoors (3 treadmill runs and then last night's bizarre indoor .1/mile track!) Pretty much the only shows we watch on TV are reality shows - Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, & the Apprentice. Sadly, they've all had their finales over the past week or so. On the up side, since I've decided to stay indoors and help my cold move on to someone else I've had interesting things to watch on TV! Right now Trump is about to make his decision between Randall and Rebecca. I think this has been the best season of Apprentice, and no matter who he chooses they've both be great. (But I am cheering for Randall a little more than Rebecca.)

I have gotten a lot accomplished this week. We finally got the last of our Christmas decorations up Monday night and I sent my first batch of Christmas cards out today and I'll be mailing batch two tomorrow. We send out between 60-75 cards each year, and usually I have them rolling out the first week of December. I love Christmas cards, but what I enjoy most about them is hearing what people have been doing over the past year and seeing a picture of them. What I don't enjoy is getting a card from someone I haven't seen in about 5 years with no personal note except to say they enjoy getting OUR Christmas newsletter and to please be sure to keep them on the list. Huh? We write a Christmas newsletter each year (correction: I write a Christmas newsletter every year) & include our Christmas photo (which Brent poses, takes, prints, and chops). Next year a lot of people may get chopped, I don't know. Sometimes my parents friends send us a Christmas card JUST so they can get one back from us with our newsletter. (I guess when you're old and retired you have nothing better to do.) I'm even getting emails from my mother telling me to be sure I send one to so and so, and so and so, and it's really all getting to be a bit much for me!!

But, on the upside I did make some Buckeyes Tuesday night. I've been starving for some ever since Elizabeth posted pictures of the huge candy day she and her family have each year. And they are YUMMY! We've actually dubbed them BuckeyeRunners. Ha! We also had a visit from Santa Clause tonight. Around 7.30 someone banged on our door. It freaked me out a bit (mostly because Pippin went insane), by the time I got to the door no one was there and there was a gift on our front porch! It was a nice little set of kitchen towels. We think we know who it was, but for now we'll say it's Santa!

Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck to everyone racing and safe travels for all of you going to visit your families!!

Rachel

Exercise - Thurs - 60 minutes treadmill run, 10 mins walk on treadmill

6 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Yumm! "BuckeyeRunners!" Those are my favorites! Painstaking to make, huh? Do you use toothpicks to dip each little peanutbutter ball into the chocolate?
Eat a bunch on my behalf!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

MMM. I love buckeyes!! (the candy, not the silly little football players)

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger lainb said...

I've never heard of buckeyes before, but they look super rich!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger mouse said...

haha! that's funny, simba's mom! I sometimes have a hard time liking anything with the name "buckeye" in it, but I'm making an effort (I think buckeyrunner inspired the change).

You should just send out a little note in the cards that says, "I'm tired of entertaining all you freeloaders. If you want to know what's going on, read our blog." With my luck, I would do that and then accidently write something mean about them and then they'd hate me for life!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Noames said...

Ugh. I feel you on the treadmill. I ran on one on Tuesday, and I hated it--although there's no TVfor me to watch, so maybe that's the problem.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Rae-
I'm in the same boat. All the finales are over and I'm struggling to find something to keep me entertained during my treadmill runs. Outside I don't pay attention to time, distance - but on the treadmill I'm always looking to see if I'm *there* yet. The TV is the only way to get through it. And all the shows are either over or in re-run mode. YUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home