Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tag, I'm It!

Hey guys! Well, I've been tagged by Plods and Just 1 2 finish with the 5 things about yourself, so here goes! This one is a tough one because it's just so wide open, ya know. So here goes:

1) Oregon is my favorite state. We visited there in 2002 and it was so beautiful. It's got mountains, ocean, cool, artsy cities and tons of other beautiful sights. What's not to love?

2) My very first CD was the soundtrack to The Bodyguard, starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. How embarrassing is that? I WORE that CD out, too. I can only imagine my parents cracking up in the other room as I belted it out with Whitney in my room a million times.

3) I would give anything to be on the Amazing Race. That's my show. Traveling, competing, and very rarely do they have to eat nasty bugs. I think my one downfall would be stopping to take pics of everything. I'm a total reality show buff, but this is the only one I'd really want to be on. (Except for the Biggest Loser but I think my chances are slim to none of getting on there.)

4) I think Ben Affleck is the spawn of Satan. Seriously, he's just gross. And look how he's messed up Jennifer Garner. I used to want to be her when I grew up (about a year ago). Now Alias has gone to pot and she's all fat. I think he can bring any successful career to its knees. Beware!!

5) I can speak German, sort of. I took 4 years of German in high school, and still remember a few things. I'm much better at reading it than speaking it. We even had a German exchange student live with us for a while. I wish I remembered more of it, though.

So, I tag my hubby Brent, Angie, Boiled Pnut, CJ, and Danny. Hopefully you haven't already been tagged!

I completely forgot to mention my feet in my earlier post! I had mentioned my TERRIBLE blisters, well, they're all better! The thicker synthetic socks and orthotics really helped. On my 21 mile run I didn't even notice my feet until mile 19, which is awesome for me. In the prior weekend's half I was noticing them around mile 8! The largest blister (that required draining) is nearly gone now, my feet will also be calloused and gross but I'm really happy with the progress they've made in such a short time.

I'm still fighting this cold. I'm staying out of the cold weather and I've been using the treadmill instead this week. Tonight we went over to the high school gym near us to use their 'indoor track'. In last week's paper they mentioned the gym is open fairly late on Wed nights, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. Yeah, the 'indoor track' is 1/10 of a mile around. We had to dodge rows of desks as we lapped and lapped and lapped. There were several people playing basketball, so at least we had something interesting to watch. It was a change from the treadmill, but definitely a little awkward.

Oh well, gotta run. I'm working on Christmas cards, we're just now getting the first batch out. I FINALLY got around to updating some of my recommend reads on the side, so check them out!

Rachel

Exercise -
Mon - 30 min jog treadmill, 10 mins walk
Tues - 50 min jog treadmill, 10 mins walk, 20 mins yoga, 20 mins toning/stretching
Wed - 30 mins jog

9 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Johnny Lyons said...

Amazing Race rocks! I was very worried the Weavers would end up winning for some strange reason, so I was very pleased with the results. And, oh yeah, I hate those gross out reality events, what's the point of that?

By the way, nice long run you did, steady and quick - look out marathon! Those Clif Shots sound cool, easy to eat while you were running?

Ultrarunning is easier a lot of times because a lot the trails are softer on your body, you plan on going a lot slower than your training paces, if you pick a mountain course you have built in breaks during the steep climbs (almost everyone walks them) and you usually end up running and talking with others for most of the run (most ultrarunners aren't very competitive with other runners & we're going slow enough to talk easily).

I want to hear how you feel about doing a 21 mile run after you've run 26.2 or more a few times. WHo knows, maybe 21 won't hurt unless you push really hard then. The new distances often hurt while you first conquer them, but they might just become a matter of "doing time" soon enough.

Have fun on the treadmill. Maybe turn up the heat and put on some beach or desert flick and pretend your somewhere warm.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Danny said...

hmm... i ignored the first tag. i'll think about it...

:-)

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Sie können Ihr Deutsches mit mir üben, wenn Sie möchten.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

yeah I am not sure if the mini track is better than the dreadmill or not :)

glad your feet are healing so quickly!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

Johnny and I are addicted to the Amazing Race. I'm so glad the Linzes won this last time around...I can't wait for the show to go back to it's regualar format, so I can go on a virtual tour of the world. If we didn't have a young son, we'd be signing up in an instant.

Glad the blisters are all better. The "track" sounds...hmm...interesting.

Ok, I'll think about five things...

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger David said...

I think how easy shorter distances are now that I'm running 15-18 miles. I presume they will seem short too after I build up to 20-24 miles.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger About Me: said...

truthfully, i can't stand ben affleck either! but i think jen garner, overrated since her debut, i like less!

oh, and i totally overplayed that cd too. but seriosuly, who didnt?

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

I love the Amazing Race, too!! If you ever are looking for a partner...

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger ida said...

Love the Amazing Race concept!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home