Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Who'd wanna be a Rockette anyway?

Hey! Congrats to everyone who participated in the 1st annual BRPTT and especially to our big winners! Due to the time change differences btwn here and Australia I missed getting CJ and Strewth's race recaps up so I've added them to the bottom of the previous post. Make sure you scroll down and check out their stats and their pic with their race bibs! Several other people have emailed today with results so scroll through my comments to read about their races over the holiday weekend.

We've had such a busy week settling back in from the 'holiday' weekend. We put all the trees up Sunday afternoon, they're not all decorated yet. We're putting up 4 trees this year, and we've managed to decorate 3 of them so far. Hopefully we can do the last one tomorrow night and then decorate the staircases and fireplace before we leave for Memphis Friday.

Just a couple more days until the Memphis Half Marathon. Woo hoo!! I'm really excited about the race. This will be my third half and Brent's second. I KNOW I can do better than my last half. I don't know what my goal is, breaking 2 would be my dream goal. I think 2.05 is my realistic goal for Saturday. It's going to be so much fun to run through all the parts of town I used to hang out in growing up.

OK, we're watching tonight's finale of Biggest Loser (on TiVo, of course!) and it's just too exciting for me to try to blog and watch. I **Love** that show, it's the most inspiring thing on TV! Some of these people lost around 185 pounds over 9 months without copping out and taking pills or doing anything stupid like following ridiculous fads. I don't think there was an episode all season that didn't make me cry. I would love to have a job like Bob and Gillian's where you're actually helping people live a better life. Later!

Exercise-

Thurs - 3.1 mile run
Fri - 7 mile run
Sun - 5.3 mile run, 20 mins yoga
Mon - 3.3 miles on the treadmill
Tues - 40 mins elliptical, 1 mile am walk with Pips

P.S. On the news yesterday they had a thing with the Rockettes in town for their holiday show. They said you have to be 5.6-5.10 to be a Rockette. Isn't that discrimination???

5 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi! We did get some strange looks with our bibs! Official times are now out - my 4km run was 18.47min; Strewth's - 22.22min. Gotta be happy with that!

Good luck to the both of you for the Memphis Half - hope you do well and enjoy the run

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Good luck with your race! I'm off to watch Biggest Loser as well. Maybe watching them will help me stick to it and loose it all finally

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Danny said...

wait, is australia further south than nashville?? just kidding, that's pretty cool...

good luck to both you this weekend!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger D said...

with or without heals on? I would say that is discrimination ....and who wants to be a Rockette any way......Can't wait to hear about your race!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Rae -
Glad to see that someone else was watching BL last night too. Seth was from my home town & went to school with my sisters - but the didn't know each other. I loved Matt though and was happy he won. :)
I did my run during hte first half. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home