Monday, November 21, 2005

Update on the 1st Annual Brent and Rachel (and Pippin!) Turkey Trot

Hey! I'm so glad there are so many of you interested in participating in the 1st annual Brent and Rachel (and Pippin!) 5K Turkey Trot! The rules are pretty simple since there really aren't any rules. You can run/walk/waddle your 5K anytime between Thurs-Sunday, anywhere you want (all countries are welcome!!), any way you want. Just email me or post a comment with your time, age (only if you want to), and the approximate temperature when you ran your 5K before the end of the day Monday. Since so many of you guys are in the North it only seems fair to appreciate the coldness & dedication of your run/walk. And since there are so many of you in warm Southern places we always need a new reason to hate on you, too. J/K. Also, if your dog/pets participate be sure to send their name, age, sex, breed and time for the special doggie division! If you take a picture of your 'event' forward that as well and we'll post everyone's pics along with the results and a link to your blog. The good news is everyone is so spread out you've pretty much got a lock on being first in your race location! THAT's the kind of racing I'm talking about! Maybe Brent will surprise me with a medal for taking the women's division of the Hohenwald, TN branch of this race (that's where we'll be for T-giving)!

Also, just to take it up a notch and make our virtual race semi-professional we have a downloadable bib for you! You can write whatever number you like on it (I've always wanted to be #1!) if you'd like to use it. You will still have to provide your own waterstops and post race fruit (or just hold out for some turkey.)

17 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

You are are SO cool!!! Love it. Good Stuff.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Liz said...

I am in...can't wait...any others from Clarksville, TN out there! :)

Liz

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

I love the bib!! So cute! Well, now I just have to participate.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I like the bib! I have 3 miles scheduled, but since its Thursday, I will make it 3.1 and race it. With my bib ofcourse. :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger ida said...

Love it!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger mouse said...

good grief, this is so hilarious. And such a GOOD idea! Love it! I'll just have to remember to come back and post results!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I was so glad to come across your site. I want to do more races...but it is a little hard with the girls and my husband gone. But after the half marathon, I want to really look into doing more.

Do you belong to Nashville Striders?

I am looking forward to seeing th results! This was a great idea!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger brent said...

sweet idea!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Sounds like a good idea to me...

It will help me with the Holiday Hold I"m participating in....

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Ok, here's mine.
5k (3 miles) in 30:57 (new PR). 45 degrees in Seattle, WA.

Happy Thanks-Giving Day you two :))) Oops, I mean you THREE. Can't forget the Pippin.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

What a great idea. Hopefully I can do my on Saturday!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger lainb said...

I love this!! I'm heading out for a walk in a few minutes...I'll make it my BRPTT. :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Here are my stats:
Location: Fort Campbell, KY
Age Group: 30-34 year old female
Time: 34:15 min/mile
Mile 1: 10:16
Mile 2: 11:21
Mile 3: 11:36
o.1: 1.00
AVG: 11:02 min/mile
Temp: 39 felt like 34

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm in and done!

Location - Calgary AB
Age 50.
Time 49:39
and temperature - COLD (28F/-2C).

Race report is on my site with pics.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Well I did my 10k but here are my splits for the last 5k of it!

Location: Detroit
5k: 22:17 (7:10, 7:11, 7:11, and 45)
windchill -1 F
Windy!

Age 24

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Triathamom said...

Hi! I'm another Tennessee running blogger. I found your site through Danny Farkas's site. My brother & I participated in the 1st annual BRFTT unknowingly...but now we want credit!!! :)
Location: Fall Creek Falls
Age Group: 35-40
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 57 minutes
Pictures of participants can be found on my blog in the Thanksgiving Recap Post.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I just wish I'd seen this before Thanksgiving. I was at my mom's and didn't find out about a very small 5k, not-well-advertised run until the day after Thanksgiving. I posted on my own blog that I was bummed about not having a t-shirt or anything to show for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home