Monday, November 21, 2005

Winter Running

We had a cold, cold night here. After a horrid first day back at work (ugh!!) we decided to go for a 5.2 miler before dinner & a movie (the new Harry Potter). It was COLD! Definitely the coldest night so far. This was the first time I've run with my Nike gloves and headwrap, and it was NICE! I usually don't put my headphones on until I've made the sidewalk (about .25 mile from our house) and with the gloves on I could never get the earbuds in so I just skipped the tunes. My Forerunner locked up and never would find the satellite so I ran basically gearless tonight. The wind was pretty brutal at times, it would swirl up from my ponytail and send me off at an angle - I'm sure my form looked terrible!! My mileage is going to be WAY down for November - I'm predicting somewhere around 75 miles (last month was 132 and Sept was 92). Vacation really threw my training off course, but I was still definitely getting my miles in walking! December should stay much more on track. The big Memphis half marathon is just under two weeks away! Hopefully we'll have a nice upswing in temps, I guess I need to start thinking about what I should wear and putting together the music mix for the race. I want to have a lot of Memphis artists or songs about Memphis on the mix. Saliva is one of my fave bands, so they'll be on there quite a bit.

The new HP movie was just OK. It gets to be a little long and it's been such a long time since I've read the book that I'm constantly asking myself 'did that happen in the book??'

Later!

Exercise-
Mon - 2/3 mile am walk with Pips, 5.2 mile evening run - slower pace, 47 minutes overall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home