Sunday, November 20, 2005

The 1st Annual Brent & Rachel (and Pippin too!) 5K Turkey Trot

I'm starting to get really, really jeoulous of all of you guys who are going to get to do Turkey Trots on/near Turkey day. The two trots here are both on Thanksgiving day and for our holiday weekend we'll be stuck visiting our families in two tiny TN towns that are lucky if they even see one race a year. (I'd be scared to even imagine what the locals might think a Turkey Trot is!!) So, Brent and I discussed it and we decided to host our own TT. We're going to run out of his parents house, down a road, back to the building next door and around the parking lot. It should end up around a 5K (or we will make it 5K). I'm going to donate our usual race entry fees to a local food bank and buy myself a new shirt/sweater/outfit on Friday! Wanna join us? Email/post your turkey times after Thanksgiving and I'll post the results. Runners, walkers, dogs, cats & all other animals are welcome. (Of course if you're a male or female in the 25-29 division we'd prefer you not participate because we do like to win. Just kidding!!!)

9 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger brent said...

hehe, cool idea!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Can I do this even though I'm on the other side of the world and I don't know what day is Thanksgiving day - you'll have to give me these important details!

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

I'd join you! I know what you mean - we will be out of town for T-giving too, and I have to find a TT to do...that allows dogs to run. There is one in downtown Pittsburgh I would like to do, but I am not quite sure where it is, and that city is hard to navigate if you don't know where you are going. We'll see. We may host our own dog-friendly TT, too!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Pippin!! I'll see if I have a 5k, or I'll run one by myself ;-)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I like that. A simultaneous Turkey Trot in different cities. Should I wear a number? :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

That is a super cute idea! Have fun with it!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Danny said...

I think that's an awesome idea!!

(I don't think I'm up to a race yet, but maybe if I'm the only runner out there...)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I think that's a great idea. I'll be running a virtual 5k in the Poconos on Thanksgiving day.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Scott in Washington said...

As a word of encouragement, my wife coordinated the second annual Turtledash Half Marathon and potluck this year from our home. We had a blast, had about twice as many runners as the first year, and have way more who say they will be there next year. Its fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home