Friday, November 11, 2005

Of course!

In just a few hours (like 12) we'll be heading to the airport and off on our vacation adventure. One very exciting new aspect of this vacation is our two potential RBF meet-ups. On Sunday we're planning to meet-up with Shore Turtle for breakfast in Philly and on Wed we're planning to meet-up with Danny for dinner in NYC. Too cool! Some of my coworkers were asking me about our trip today and I happened to mention we were going to meet some of the people we've met from the internet. Cue the weird stares and raised eyebrows. Most of them don't know about our blogs because, well, I don't want them to. And most of them don't understand running AT ALL so there really wouldn't be much of a point in them reading it. My boss even threw in some bizarre story about child molesters luring children to their homes via the Internet. Uh, yeah. I'm thinking the worst thing Danny & Shore Turtle might lure us into is a long run following a cheesesteak or some NYC deep dish pizza. People just don't understand the RBF!

On another note our typical ironic luck will be following us to NYC. As you know we live in Nashville, or NashVegas as it's commonly referred to. So, quick, what's the first thing that pops in your head when you think Nashville? Country Music. Ugh. Rednecks. Ugh. Nascar. Super Ugh. We hate ALL of it. Never been to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Grand Old Opry, any of the 'honky tonks', and we really don't plan to. When we visited Vegas in 2001 for the first time we happened to end up there the weekend of the huge National Rodeo, so 'hip' Vegas was full of cowboy hats and Wrangler jeans. When we visited Vegas back in March we landed on Nascar weekend, so 'hip' Vegas was full of race car numbers and rednecks. (I'll have to tell you my airplane story of the trip out there - it is seriously unbelievable. A Southwest plane full of rednecks is NOT a happy place.). There are many additional stories like this in our travel memoirs (last year in Utah we couldn't find a hotel room due to a WATERMELON festival). So, why should this trip be any different? This morning, as we were watching the news, they mentioned next week's CMA (Country Music Awards) coming up next week in - NYC. We just can't get away from the South!!! So, this answers all my questions about why so many hotels were booked and there were ZERO specials, especially in the middle of the week.

Well, it's time to finish packing. We'll prob blog some next week, a lot of the places we're staying have wi-fi. I love technology!

Rachel

4 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger D said...

OMG ~ watch out for Shore Turtle and Danny ~ they may be RBF predators!!!!! Joking......

I think of Elvis when I think of TN and country. (Elvis made a couple of appearances at the Chicago marathon by the way.) You poor thing being on a flight w/all those NASCAR people....can't wait to hear the stories. Have fun on your trip ~ tell Brent for me as well. Hopefully you won't come back from NY a country convert. LOL.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Note to Danny: Make sure that I'm okay after my Sunday morning breakfast with the Nashville super duo. If I'm MIA, call off the dinner! I should be okay, Redhead fangirl, AKA Batgirl is going to breakfast too.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger CJ said...

yes, beware of running bloggers - we can be a scarey lot! Have a great holiday (vacation) and would ove to see photos of where you go and waht you do.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Danny said...

lol...

i'm actually this 300 pound monster. that little guy you see on my blog? i pay him. all part of an elaborate plot to lure people into my "runner fetish"...

bastard made me pay him more to run that stupid marathon....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home