Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!!







Happy Halloween everybody, from our house to yours! We've had a ton of fun this year playing dress up. I ended up as Batman this year and Brent ended up as Darth Vader. Pippin was a VERY unhappy bumblebee. He usually doesn't mind costumes too much (I think he enjoyed being a pirate last year), but the bumblebee outfit kept falling over his eyes and was a very thick (and hot) outfit to wear. We did turn some air on since we were all burning up tonight! Once we de-costumed I gave him several new toys for his patience. He did love the kids though and got a few licks in on his regular neighborhood kids (who are all girls, by the way). He's a total pimp (hence part of his name - we named him Pippin from the song "Big Pimpin" and also from the hobbit Pippin from Lord of the Rings). The weather here was beautiful today - high 60's I think. It's supposed to rain later, but it was a nice, mild evening for the trick-r-treaters. We ended up with around 35, I think. We used to have around 50, but every year we have less so I never know how much candy to buy. We did have a little Darth Vader, but I didn't have any competiton in the batman category. We went to work today in our outfits, and ended up being 2 of only 3 people dressed up. ( I work with fuddy duddies!!) Some people dressed up last Friday which I totally don't get since we can wear pretty much anything any day of the week. Bizarre. Anyway, I wouldn't care if I was the only person dressed up I love Halloween!! I think it's my fave holiday. Thanksgiving and Christmas always end up being such an ordeal and we spend most of it in the car traveling, so Halloween and New Years always end up as my top two. (We got engaged on New Years 97 and married on New Years Day 99.) Anyway, hope you all had a great Halloween and I'm going to dig into the remaining candy - YUM! I'll post about Sunday's 18-miler tomorrow!


5 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger lainb said...

the pic of Pippin waiting by the door is adorable!! what a cute bumblebee he made! hee hee

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Great costumes! And I love the pumpkins. Pippin is such a trooper.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger CJ said...

What a cute little bumblebee-dog! He must be so patient. I have a friend who owns a Shar-pei (not sure of the spelling) and she dresses him up for Xmas and birthday cards.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger D said...

Cute! Great photos!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

You two are such a fun couple! You go all-out for everything... live life with passion. You're very inspiring :)

Happy belated Halloweenie!

T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home