Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Solo

Hey guys! Tonight I did my Tues night 5-miler on my own. Brent's having some trouble with his arch, which is probably related to the wide range of shoe sizes he's been running in lately. His old shoes were too small, then his new ones were too big and hopefully his latest new ones are just right. He stumbled around a lot yesterday and seems to be doing better today, so hopefully he'll be in good shape for this weekend's Halloween 5-miler at a state park nearby. It was really, really strange running on my own tonight. Even though we run at our individual paces (sometimes) it's still really weird to start out on my own and know that I won't meet him on my way back in at the turn around point. When he first started running with me this summer it was weird to run with someone and now it's weird to run alone! I did all my training for the CM 1/2 Marathon alone. He'd drive by while I was out running and jog up and bring me water, or tape my name to his shirt as my "crew" just to crack me up, but I was still out there alone. I think I'd die training for this marathon alone. Three hours is one long, lonely run!

In other news we are going on vacation!! WOO HOO! We're flying to Philadelphia in about 3 weeks. Our plan is to go to Philly, lick the Liberty Bell, do some stuff in PA, swing through Delaware and Jersey, and spend a few days in the Big Apple. Let us know what stuff we should be sure to see! Our goal is to see all 50 states together. So far (in our 10 yrs) we've crossed off 27, and most of those have been in the last 5-6 years. We try to see 4 states a year, some years we do a lot better than others. Anyway, I can't wait!! It's been forever since we've had a vacation. We went to Vegas in March and to GA to rent a cabin for the weekend but that's been it so far and usually we travel a lot more than that!

Also, we took the beaten and battered Expedition to the body shop today. It's going to take them about 3 weeks to fix her up. We hadn't driven it since Friday and today it sounded really freaky, like there's something messed up with it. Oh well, redneck mullet lady is basically going to be buying me a new car! We ended up with a Pontiac G6 rental car. It's obviously much smaller than an Expy, but it's a pretty cute car. It's VERY hard to go from a massive SUV to a car. I'm so used to swerving out into parking spots that I nearly do a 360 pulling the car into spots. It cracks me up!

Well, I'm going to do my toning and stretching and then we're taking Pippin for a ride in the new car. He's been staring at it every time we go out, probably because it's the only car we've ever had low enough to the ground that he can see his reflection in. Ha!!

Rachel

Exercise -

Monday - 1 mile freezing cold am walk with Pips, 20 minutes yoga/toning (focus:arms), 20 minutes kickboxing (focus: butt/thighs)
Tues - 5.3 mile run - time 44:26 !!!

5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger brent d. said...

I really missed running with you tonight! But, fortunately... I can keep up with your progress through your blog. I LOVE BLOGS!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger brent said...

you guys are funny. heh.

looked like a speedy run too!

ps i will never wear or buy "tights" unless i become an olympic hopeful or something. actually there is still no way i will wear them!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

eww yeh B, pic is staring at me while I type this. Freaky. I am so used to having running partners now that running alone has become a struggle. I enjoy the company and now I fear there is no way I could do major event like a marathon alone!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I run alone, but I know what you mean. Anything that's different from the normal running routine feels strange. I must be hungry, because the first thing that I thought of when you mentioned Philadelphia was Cereality, which is an all cereal restaurant. (www.cereality.com). The second thing I thought of was cheese steaks--yes, I'm definitely hungry.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger lainb said...

hey, i was supposed to be in Philly in 3 weeks for a conference! i can't go now, but that would have been cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home