Thursday, October 27, 2005

I really AM smelling BBQ

Today was a hella long day at work. It seems like whenever you have some time away the first day back is the worst!! One of my coworkers said she didn't notice I wasn't there until later in the day (ummm...if my laptop isn't there I'd say chances are I'm NOT at work) and that she had left me a cookie that she took back and ate once she figured out I wasn't there. WTF? Leave the cookie - it'll last another day! I love cookies!! No one ever brings cookies to work and I missed it. Sucks. Oh well. Tomorrow a lot of people are dressing up for Halloween. I guess their calendar is a few days off since Halloween isn't actually until Monday (also a work day) - which is when I will be dressing up. See what I mean when I say I work with some odd people???

Tonight I did a 3 mile solo run by myself. I wanted to run at a 9 min pace since that's what I'd like to keep in the 5 mile race on Saturday. I ended up not looking at my watch much and came back in at 27:07, so I was pretty happy with my pacing ability. It was really chilly (40's) tonight, so hopefully race time Sat will be a little warmer. The race is at 11, so we'll actually get to sleep in!! One of our friends from a different division in our company is also running in this one. We didn't even know he was a runner until we saw him at a race last summer. Small world!!

Last night when we walked I told Brent how our end of the street smells like BBQ every morning when Pips and I walk. A new BBQ place (Jim n Nicks) just opened about 1.25 miles from our house earlier this week. After the run tonight we were going to stop by there and get some BBQ to go. They had a guy in the parking lot giving out menus and when we saw their prices we decided to come back and enjoy the restaurant sometime this weekend. (Their BBQ is more than twice the price of the local dive we normally get it from.) Anyway, the guy said they don't even have a freezer so they make it fresh EVERY morning. I'm NOT crazy (well, about the BBQ anyway). So we ended up getting Chinese instead. I wish I could smell the Starbucks a mile from our house every morning. Yum.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! By this point in the week I'm always a little behind on blog reading so I can't think of anyone specifically racing this weekend but with all the Halloween races everyone I'm sure you guys are. Have a great weekend!!!

Rachel

Exercise -
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pips, 3 mile run, 20 minutes toning/stretching (focus:butt)

4 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger lainb said...

a restaurant with no freezer? that's pretty impressive. brunswick stew is my fav!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Good luck at your race this weekend! What are you going to be for Halloween?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger D said...

Wouldn't it be nice to wake up in the morning and smell Starbucks....aaahhhh!

I forgot to answer your ?? on my blog....yes my Malamute likes to chase those poor ducks when he thinks no one is looking. Or he just stalks them to antagonize them! Whoever thought that dogs weren't smart has never met my dog! LOL.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Have a great Halloween race Rae - I'm doing a club race tomorrow of about 7km, off-road. Its my first run since last Sunday's downhill run. I think my legs have recovered!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home