Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Excitement is building for the 1st ever BRPTT!

You guys are really cracking me up with all your enthusiasm for our virtual race. I am loving it!! RBF-ers are not only not nerds, losers, or geeks but they are extremely creative people. First, Brent designed a logo and cool bib for the race. (The bib is an Adobe pdf file if you're having trouble accessing it. Let me know if you'd like me to email it in Word or some other format.) Then, Charlie (aka Shore Turtle) has customized his for the locale he'll be racing in. Bonus points for creativity. It's even introduced me to a few new blogs I haven't run across yet including Liz, who's actually on the North side of Nashville where our military base is located (Clarksville). Her hubby is off serving right now so stop by and give her tons of support while she's training for April's Country Music 1/2 Marathon and being a single mom. She's the first TN running blogger I've come across so I'm pretty excited about that.

For those of you who have longer races/training runs scheduled for that day you can submit your 3 mile time and round up for the .1. (Either your first three, last three, favorite three, or your overall average time per mile multiplied by 3) No need to be overly scientific!!

In other news, it's official. I have a cold. Ugh. I've felt a little scratchy the past few days and this morning the scratchy never ended and the running nose is full steam ahead. On our way to Publix tonight I swear I sneezed about a million times. I've got most of our clothes and running gear packed (we'll be heading out after work tomorrow) and I am about to climb onto the sofa and get some rest. I had really, really wanted to run 3 miles tonight but I know Thursday's BRPTT, Friday's planned 20-miler and next Saturday's super important Memphis Half Marathon mean I need to get some rest tonight. To make a not so great day worse, we had to take Pips for his annual shots today. I knew what was going to happen - the talk - about his weight. I had to go through what all he eats, how much, yada yada. I'm so over it. We walk every day, he eats low fat and only half of his recommended serving! He's just a little chubby, and he has a stout body frame, too. She's a pretty thin doc so I couldn't pull out my "we could all stand to lose a few, huh?" line, and feeling as badly as I did I just took the lecture. He watched me getting all the suitcases out (again!) tonight and immediately ran to the garage door, he is ready to go!! Me on the other hand - I'm ready for the sofa, a blanket and some munchies. Feed a cold, right?

10 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger brent said...

seems like a lot of people have been getting a cold lately. bummer! rest up for the brptt!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Danny said...

yeah, he's not fat, he's big-boned...

:-)

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Feel better soon! Colds are no fun, especially when there is an exciting Turkey Trot to run. I think I have convinced my mom to do a 5k walk when I do my run, so I hope there is a walk division to your race! :)

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Hope that you feel better!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I am so glad our vet has never said anything to us about our kittie's weight. Hopefully now that we are in the house they will "excercise" more. I know that their nightly spazzed race through the house has gotten longer now that they have stairs! So maybe they will tone up a bit :)

I think the virtual race is a great idea. Glad everyone is having so much fun with it.

Happy Thanksgiving! Feel better soon!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hi. Never commented here before but wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your posts. Looking forward to running your 5K tomorrow.
Feel better!!!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hope you feel better, Rae! Take care, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hey Rae, Hope you didn't catch your cold from me! Pop a couple dayquil and call it good. :) Works for me. And as soon as my load of running clothes is dry, I'll be heading out for my pre-thanksgiving 4-mile run. Stand by for results... Hope I win a prize the and 1st annual tt. :)

Happy Turkey Day!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Take it easy and hope you feel better real soon.

I think I have convinced Strewth and Mr B to run with me in the Belconnen, ACT, Australia leg of the 5km Turkey Trot on Saturday morning, weather permitting. Will send photos and results!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger D said...

Hope you feel better today! How did the race go? Your photos from your vacation are awesome. You guys really planned that trip out and were able to do so much! Hope you and Brett had a great Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home