Saturday, December 03, 2005

Woo hoo!! 1.59.45 - Go tell your mama!

I did it!! I busted two hours in a half for the very first time. It was tough as hell and I almost threw up after my mega-sprint at the finish, but I DID IT!! My official time is 1.59.45. My watch time was slightly less but I was too busy taking pictures of the start to start my watch right away! LOL! Yee haw!! It was fun and we've been kicking it in this unbelievably comfortable bed for a while watching TV. Now it's time to go out and party! I'll post a proper race report with pics later. Brent has some pics he sent along the way over on his blog. Have a great Sat! And Happy B-day to 'the other "Brent" '.

15 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Yeah for you!!! AWESOME!!! Congratulations on breaking the 2! Next stop: sub 4 hour marathon...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Danny said...

awesome!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Way to go! It's terrific that you came in under 2:00. You're on your way to Miami!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting!! I love that you took a picture of your time on your Garmin: I do that too!

Congrats and I look forward to reading all the details!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger lainb said...

INCREDIBLE!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Yes! Now that the half is over is there "catfish on the table, gospel in the air" in Memphis?

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

Alright!!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger ida said...

Woo hoo!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger David said...

Good for you Rachel. Kinda gets you all misty about how well we're going to do in Miami, right?

A tidbit from a veteran marathoner I saw after my half marathon yesterday: he says to double your half M time and add 10 minutes to project your marathon time.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Noames said...

Fantastic time! Apparently I didn't get the memo--all the miami marathoners ran halfs this weekend... Anyway, congratulations!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Running Chick said...

Woo hooo indeed! Congrats on the accomplishment!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

Fantastic! Rock 'n roll!
I hope you post ALL the details!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger D said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS - looking forward to your report.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Liz said...

WaHoo!!! That is great!!!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger brent said...

way to go rae, great time! brent (the real brent) had a great time too. thanks for the bday wishes!! woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home