Saturday, December 17, 2005

23 down!!

Hey guys!! Another long run bites the dust, today it was 23 miles. We've moved our long runs from Sunday afternoons to Saturday mornings as the distance has gotten longer and the days shorter. Also, it's nice knowing the run is behind me, and we can enjoy the rest of the weekend without it 'looming' overhead. It was tough, I just did not want to run long today, but Miami is drawing ever closer and it just needs to be done. I finished in 3:59:22, just a hair under 4 hours! I was convinced today would be the day I ended up over 4 hours, but I guess not!

Last night we did some holiday shopping and picked up a few more small gifts. I just need a couple more things for my grandmas and we'll be done. What do you buy a 92 and 97 year old person???

A complete rundown of the run to come later! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Rachel

P.S. What did you think of the Apprentice finale?? I was really shocked by Randall's response. It just doesn't seem like his nature, but then again, if I had battled for the title of Apprentice for 13 weeks I guess I wouldn't want to share the limelight either. I dunno, it's tough to say what I would have done.

9 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Danny said...

4 hours of running, and then shopping? ugh!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Good job with the long run. I love Buckeyes (OH born and raised), but now that I live in CA no one knows what they are. Enjoy a couple for me.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Johnny Lyons said...

Nice long run! Sounds like it was a good training pace. When's Miami and how long is your longest run going to be prior?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger ida said...

Woo hoo on the run. Awesome!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger David said...

23 big ones. Four hours. I'd say you're ready. I'm not there yet but we have another six weeks to be ready. I want to peak just after New Year's.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

Wow, 23 miles! Way to go! And you were still able to shopping after?! Good job.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Rich said...

WOW! I just saw your string of completed halfs this year, and Miami around the corner. 23 and 4 hours of running - awesome!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job on the 23.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

You buy them...framed photos of your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home