Monday, August 22, 2005

Workout Rituals

Hey! After all my insanely long posts lately you'll be glad to know I don't have much to talk about tonight. Since I've got two more races this weekend I'm still in a bit of a 'taper' mode to save something for Saturday. I have no idea why all the races near me are crammed into two of the hottest weeks of the year, but for some reason they always plan it like this.

Tonight I thought I'd share one of the weirdest workout rituals I know of with you. For some reason EVERY time I go to change into workout clothes Pippin tries to figure out a way to get my attention. As soon as I go get socks or pick up some running clothes out of my massive pile of workouts clothes he runs to find a toy. It's usually a ball, or some kind of rope tug toy. He'll put it on my feet, or ram it into my knee until I either toss it or hang on for some tug of war. When I sit down to put on my socks and shoes he takes it up a notch. Then he'll climb into my lap with his toy and start tossing it at me. It gets even worse when I do my toning exercises on the floor. He'll usually chase my legs during leg lifts, sit on my stomach during crunches for some added resistance and he's even been known to jump on my abs during a stability ball workout. The worse is when he starts licking my face during push-ups or during some strange yoga pose. He's an odd little dog!

Rachel

Exercise:
Mon- 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 20 minutes elliptical at the gym, 25 minutes racquetball with Brent at the gym, 20 minutes toning/stretching (focusing on thighs)

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger lainb said...

awwww, Pippin wants to work out too! :) that's precious!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

awww!!! he sounds SO cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home