Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Great run???

Hey everybody! It's been a busy day and I've got a lot to share. First of all I am officially registered for my next half marathon! Last night, in honor of the King, I signed up to run the Memphis Marathon, Half & 5K on December 3, 2005! I'm excited! I don't feel as nervous as I did when I signed up for the Country Music Marathon back last spring. I think because I have one under my belt I feel a little more comfortable.

Next, my blog ended up on a blog about Nashville blogs, events and other stuff. Brent and I feel like quasi-celebs for making this website! We've gotten a lot of hits today from this site, so drop us a comment about absolutely anything if you're out there readings our posts! We love feedback!!

Today I discovered podcasts for the first time. Susan had recommended a podcast by SteveRunner, so I checked it out at work today. It was so hilarious!! He pods while running, which I think is great! Then I started downloading all kinds of podcasts, from the Harry Potter one to various other pods (from itunes) about running and fitness. It's such a cool thing, I'm going to have to get my own podcast!

This afternoon we had yet another afternoon thunderstorm/hurricane. Right at 5. Of course that creates all sort of office chaos because what in the world do you do during a major downpour right at quitting time!!! Everyone wants out, but who is going to be crazy enough to be the first one out the door to see if the winds really are strong enough to blow someone away?? It's pretty humorous, the things that can amuse people in the office. Storms are way up there, right along with big bugs and new hairdos. And cute shoes. It was still raining a little after 7 when it was time to head out on a run. Tonight I wanted to run a faster clip in prep for this weekend's races. You never know, it could be raining this weekend! The rain was light, but steady, and not a bother at all. I took off nice and fast, I had stop a little way in for a car to cross the road, and after that I never could get my pace back. I felt like the last mile was a struggle, like my legs were concrete and I just couldn't get into the groove. I thought my time would be terrible and I was so ready to be disappointed in myself. When I stopped at the end of my 3 mile track I looked down at my watch, ready to punish myself, and I couldn't believe the time - 26:16. That's the fastest I've ever run 3 miles. My former PR was 27:22. I still can't believe it. Brent did great too, and came in sometime in the upper 28's. It just goes to show how hyper-critical we are of ourselves!

Well, we're watching Rock Star INXS, it's elimination night!! Have a great evening!!

Rae

Exercise:
1 mile am walk with Pippin, 3 mile run, 20 minutes toning (arms) and flexibility

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Riona said...

Congratulations on signing up for your first half! It's so motivating to have a goal to train for.

GRRRRR spammers! Rae, you might want to disallow anonymous comments, it helps get rid of them ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home