Thursday, August 11, 2005

Crazy Bear Man

Happy Thursday everybody! This week has gone by pretty quickly (thank goodness!!) and I'm ready for the weekend! Hopefully I can get a long run in and we've talked about going to the local botanical gardens to enjoy the beautiful gardens and summer flowers. We really don't have much in the way of firm plans this weekend which is pretty nice. We have a ton of movies we haven't gotten around to watching so maybe we can do some of that.

Tonight we ran over at Smyrna Rec Park. We got an earlier start this week than last week so we weren't running in complete darkness. It was 100 degrees here today (literally) but it wasn't that hot or humid by 7:30. There was a nice breeze and the fireflies (or lightning bugs as we call them down here) made for a great run. I ran about 9:30 minute miles, which is an improvement for me from earlier this year when I was running 10-10:30 miles. I get so mad at myself when I'm finished because I know I could push myself harder but the mind is so much weaker than the legs. I have a lot of 5Ks coming up over the next few weeks so I'm hoping for some PRs.

Brent has informed me my blog would be better if I started including more links and explained what the crap my titles mean. Yesterday's title refers to Rock Star INXS. Susie was in the bottom three even though she gave (in MY opinion) the best performance of the week, therefore she was robbed. Today's title has to do with PrimeTime Live (that I'm watching right now). They're talking about this man who lived for years out in Alaska with the bears, and was ultimately killed by a bear which he captured (Audio only) on his video camera. From all his clips he seemed a little vigilant and unstable.

I added some new links of blogs I enjoy off to the left and I've added a section for upcoming races, too. Drop me a comment sometime, I'd love to hear from you!!

Have a great weekend and good luck to everyone who's racing this weekend!

Rachel

Exercise:
Thurs - 2/3 mile am walk with Pip (we stopped and talked to some old ppl so we didn't have time for our final lap), 4.25 evening run, 20 minutes toning/stretching focusing on abs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home