Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another reason not to get married

As if life isn't depressing enough on its own here's another reason to be happy you're single : http://women.msn.com/47328.armx. On this laptop (my work laptop) msn.com is my home page and this was the big feature article. Married women are fat! I guess it is partly true. During the first year of our marriage I certainly gained weight. I don't think it was marriage necessarily. I had just gone from a really active college life to sitting on my bum and screwing around with spreadsheets all day. My fingers were probably about the only toned thing on my body! That was almost 7 years ago now - and in October Brent and I will celebrate the 10th anniversary of when we first started going out. Thanks to running I've dropped 35 pounds in the last 1.25 years! I've gone from a size 14 to a 4, and I feel stronger than I ever have.

Tonight I did a slower tempo 4-mile run. I'm not exactly sure how fast though since I forgot to start my watch until about .5 mile in! Oh well, not a big deal. I don't normally look at my watch too much when I run anyway, usually I just use it for historical info. The temps were a little cooler tonight and there was a really nice breeze. A lot of other runners were taking advantage of the (slight) cooldown so there were plenty of people out to keep the run interesting.

I've taken the advice of Jon and I've ordered my very own Dazer. Thanks to the joys of priority shipping it should be here in the next day or two! I can't wait to take it out this weekend. I haven't decided which annoying dog I'm going to zap first. I'll probably head through Yorkie Alley first (where there are two Yorkies on opposing sides of the street who will rush you), then head down to the evil cocker spaniel Molly, and then over to the two enormous chows. I can't wait!!

That's it for tonight, take care everybody!

Rachel

Exercise - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 4 mile run, 20 minutes toning and stretching (focus: legs/thighs)

4 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

been there! Before getting married (6 years ago) I was about the size that I am now, then I had my son, gained a ton of weight, lost some of it when I went back to work, then got a new desk job, gained some back, and more, and finally started running about 1 1/2 yrs ago and am now back to the size I was before I was married. It is strange to look back on the photos of the last 6 years, I am all different shapes and sizes!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel! Funny thing is, I've weighed the same (give or take 5 lbs) since 5th grade. Yes, I was a chunk-o, then. I am now pregnant (10 weeks into), taking 5 mile walks every day. I haven't gained a lb. yet. I do want to control the weight gain, to make it easiest to shed after the baby is born. We'll see... I love reading your blog. It is inspiration to me!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger lainb said...

hmmmm...that makes reason #4,592 for me! ;)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger خدمات منزلية said...

 شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء

 

Post a Comment

<< Home