Monday, June 27, 2005

Silver!!

Hey guys! I know all THREE of you that check my blog are absolutely dying to know how I did in Sat morning's race. I got 2nd in my age group! It was a HOT morning and on the news they had an ozone warning saying you shouldn't do any strenous exercise outdoors. Perfect!! I'm not sure how many racers there were, probably about 100 or so. I was # 125. Anyway, did I mention it was HOT! It was hard to stay focused but I stayed with one particular lady most of the way and we managed not to have a heat stroke together. My time was 27:19, not at all great but I'll take it and the SILVER! I'd like to have a sub-25 time by the end of the year.

After the race we went over to Fleet Feet and I got some new running shoes. Outside of the 2:45's Nike Shox SUCK! I bought some Dendrea's after the CM Marathon and have had nothing but trouble with them. I refused to pay $150 for another pair of 2:45's. The Dendrea's are so unstable and I've had shin problems, knee problems and extra blisters ever since I got them. At Fleet Feet they measured my feet and analyzed my stride. It turns out I'm a mid-heel overpronater. I ended up in a great pair of Mizuno's. From now on I'll stick with Nike apparel and accessories only!

Sat night was rock climbing with Phil and Sara. We had a blast. We all 4 mastered this tough ledge climb where you have to cross your feet over, and then do a little bit of a jump for a hand hold (at least for my non-existant short legs) and pull yourself up on a ledge! Yeah, it's as tough as it sounds. Anyway, we were there for 3 hours and then had a good dinner.

Well, it's been a long day and it's time to get some sleep!

Rae

Exercise:
Sat - 5K Run for Fatherhood, 3 hours rockclimbing
Sun - 3 mile run with Brent, 2/3 mile walk with Brent & Pippin
Mon - 15 minutes ab work (it's been a LONG day!!)

Correct matches in Sat's Powerball: 2!
# of roses Brent bought me today: 12!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home