Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Happy Summer!

Welcome to summer everybody! Yesterday was officially the first day of summer, which always depresses me a bit. From here, it's all downhill towards those days where it's dark when you get to work and dark when you leave. I guess I'm one of those glass half full people. It's so nice to be able to head out for an hour run right now and know it won't be dark when you're cooling down.

In other news, I thought I'd share my scary running story with the three people who read this every day. On Sunday around noon I was running my 4-mile path through the hospital when an enormous deer started running full speed toward me, on the path! This was one of the HUGE deer with plenty of horns for gouging you. I have no formal training in what to do when deer attack, and he was a much faster runner than me. So, I did what any rational person would do and I stopped. Then I ran the opposite direction through the parking lot, as fast I could go! When the deer had had his fun with me he ran back into the woods and had a good laugh, I'm sure. I bet he told all his deer friends, too.

Better go, Pippin, AKA Killer, is at the front door barking at a couple who walk their giant mastiff every night. Pippin = 26 pounds, Huge Mastiff = 260 pounds. Obviously they didn't teach him about picking your battles in obedience school.

See ya!

Exercise - Tues - 3.2 (5K) speed run & 15 minutes abs work plus 5 minutes light weights
plus my daily 1 mile walk with Pippin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home