Thursday, June 23, 2005

Abs of Steel

Happy Thursday! Another week has gone by and it's almost Friday again! The best thing about Thursday is that it's so close to Friday! This weekend we're going to go rock climbing at Climb Nashville with some friends. For Brent's birthday in May I threw him a surprise party at Climb Nashville. It was the first time we (and most of our friends) had ever been rock climbing and it was a blast. It's such a great workout and it's a major feeling of accomplishment when you can climb a tough wall. The one over in Green Hills is awesome. They have a lot of walls and it's in the middle of a residential neighborhood in Sylvan Park so no one really knows it's there.

Also on Sat morning I'm doing a 5K in Shelby Park, the 5K for Fatherhood to benefit Mercy Ministries. Their event last year was the first 5K I had ever done, and it's not a terribly popular race so I might even have a chance of placing in my age group. Hopefully most 25-29 aged women will sleep in this Sat morning 'cuz I'd really like a trophy.

There's not much on TV this summer, so I'm getting more of my workout DVDs mastered and spending more time reading, which is always a good thing. I am hooked on Lost, though. We didn't watch it during the regular season but we've started this summer as they replay them. That's an awesome show right up there with Alias and 24. We TiVo it every Wed and watch it on Thurs while we eat. My fave is the former Hobbit Merry. There's always some crazy new piece of info that comes out every week that you would never guess. I think it was a big hit this year, but I wonder how long they can keep them on the island????

I'm also a huge fan of Dancing with the Stars. That's really the only 2 shows we're watching this summer. I'm voting for Joey and Ashley every week. The judges totally screw them every time. I'm so glad Rachel Hunter got canned. She looked like an injured deer.

Well, that's enough for today! I'm still trying to convince Brent to move to Colorado! I need to take him back to Chicago for a weekend and get him poisoned on chili dogs so I can wear him down. At least that's how I got Pippin!!

Exercise: 1 mile walk with Pippin, 3.2 mile run, 25-30 minute ab, upper & lower body workout with Carmen Electra & a 10 minute ab workout with Denise Richards
Meatball sandwiches eaten: 0, because that's pretty gross
Fruit eaten: 1 banana, 1/2 orange & 1/2 peach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home