Sunday, September 07, 2008

So Productive!

I think I can feel pretty good about this weekend heading into another Monday. We've had some relax time & gotten a ton of stuff done, too.

Friday was gross and rainy thanks to Hurricane Gustav, so we got some takeout and brought it home to watch a movie I'd rented from the library (free!). We wanted to try something new, and people are always raving about Bolton's Hot Chicken Shack so we thought we'd check it out. The building isn't much to look at, and you have to knock on a door to let them know you're there if you don't slam the door long enough. There was a family eating there when we arrived who filled us in on "the rules". They were RAVING about their chicken, and gave us a lot of tips on what to order. I seriously thought I was in for the BESTMEALEVER because they'd drive from totally across town just for this chicken. I always love some catfish, but it seemed a shame to not try the hot chicken, so we decided we'd get one hot chicken plate and a hot catfish plate and share. (We share most of what we order when we eat out, we're a team all the time!) The service was wonderful and so friendly, but I've got to say the food wasn't all that. The catfish was really good - I ordered medium heat, and it comes with some hot sauce and hot mustard on top, along with pickles and onions. It had a really nice flavor, and the extra heat was nice, but Eastside Fish has way better catfish. For my sides I had their mac and cheese, which was really good, and greens. I wouldn't normally order greens, but the family we had talked to raved and raved about the greens so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Yeah, I still don't like greens. Just a personal preference, really. The main disappointment came in the chicken. It was just......dry. And it wasn't very big. I didn't care for it at all, I don't know if it was just overcooked or what, but it really wasn't good and was so small it wasn't easy to share. The heat was nice, we ordered Hot which was enough to make your lips burn a little but not too badly. But yeah, major disappointment, but I'm glad we finally tried them out.

We curled up and watched Waitress. It was really cute and funny, and made we want pie. I do get pretty frustrated watching movies like that because on TV pregnancy lasts such a short time. The "mean husband" called her "Chubs" once and Brent thought it would be funny to try that one on me since I laughed during the movie. Note to people: That's only funny on the movie. The whole time I thought the "other guy" was Jason Bateman. It turns out he has a major look-alike, and I'm not the only one who thinks that!

The rest of the weekend has been all about getting things done. I've bought clearance clothes online at Old Navy and Kohls for major discounts, ordered some CPE for the year - and even ordered some courses on tax deferred college savings and flexible spending health accounts because those will both be things applicable to use with babyontheway, booked our hotel rooms in San Diego for our babymoon, mowed the yard, did laundry, dug some more sweet potatoes, and started cleaning the house since (hopefully) most of the dusty, wretched drywall is done. Whew! And Brent's been busy on the stairs, cutting the oak treads, installing risers and so on and so forth. In some ways they are really starting to look like stairs, but there's still a lot left to be done.

And what's Pippin been up to? More hell raising! I shouldn't have had a "at least he hasn't done that" thought when a coworker told me on Friday that his dog broke the lawnmower by eating the starter cord. When we got home Friday Pippin had emptied the contents of my gym bag all over the kitchen floor. Clothes everywhere, makeup everywhere, just scattered. He didn't chew on a thing, just spread it all out for no apparent purpose. And then he did the SAME THING today while we were gone to church. So, he's had a few more timeout sessions this weekend, and today when we discovered the mess we didn't even have to chase him down - he went straight to his crate and quietly walked in. He KNOWS, but yet he can't stop it. Next Sunday he is going to church because that dog needs Jesus. I don't even understand - I've had lots of people tell me this showing out is baby related - but I'm spending more time with him than ever, so he's not being neglected, and as our house is still a construction disaster the couple of things I've bought (some clearance clothes) are away in a closet to stay out of the dust.

Have a great week everyone!

6 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad about the chicken. And why do men think they are funny saying chubs when you are pregnant? Tom tells me all the time he is going to say that when I'm pregnant and we're not even talking babies!
Anyway, I don't know what kind of church you go to, but maybe what pippin really needs is a good old Catholic confession session with a priest. He can clear his mind and get sentenced a few Hail Marys and everything will be back to normal. I can take him if Church doesn't work out for him.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Anne said...

No Hotel Del?!

Pippin's just testin' the faith. He knows he needs to be good once the baby's here, so he's just getting it out of his system now.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Sounds Pippin needs a lot of Jesus.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

I think pippin knows there's a bun in the oven! "that dog needs jesus.." HA HA HA!!!

what on earth is a babymoon? I hope that's when your parents take the baby and you two go away on your own! I'll read on, and maybe i'll find out!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger brent said...

when's the babymoon (i forgot)? must be coming up soon eh?? have fun!!!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, burberry, michael kors outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, gucci outlet, michael kors, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home