Sunday, August 17, 2008

The FAQs

Hey!! So I guess I decided my last post would be more than a little hard to follow and just wasn't sure what to say! Thanks for all the well wishes regarding our upcoming family addition! It's been quite exciting for us, to say the least!

It's truly odd the things that people say to you when they find out you're expecting! The news has been spreading around for the last month. I would've preferred to hold off longer, but it was becoming rather....obvious. When I had only put on FOUR pounds people at work were starting to speculate! Now the weight gain is around 6-7 depending on the day, and depending on what I'm wearing I either look like I'm Krispy Kreme's greatest fan or pregnant.

And once people found out, out comes various things spewing from their mouths! Sometimes I wonder if they even THINK about what they're saying.

Was this planned? HUH??? Seriously, we'll both be 31 soon, we've been married for nearly 10 years, we both have good jobs, a roof over our head (new, in fact!)!!!! For YEARS people have wanted to know when we would have kids, and now they are wondering why! And how is that even any of their business!

Do you even know how much your life is going to change? If I had a dollar, even a QUARTER for how many times I've heard that! It sort of goes along with Q#1. It's like they want to rub in how our "quiet little existence" is over and we'll be all Cheerios and poop like they are now.

How is Pippin going to handle this? Well, I guess he'll still steal food off plates, lick his rear end at 2 in the morning, and most likely go ape anytime people come over. Life will somehow manage to go on for Pippin! On some weird level he seems to already get it, and will not leave my side, at all. We've had a contractor in the house all weekend, all he literally JUST noticed him about twenty minutes ago for the first time.

Surely you don't run anymore! Oh, but I do. My obgyn is very laid back and I can run as long as it's comfy and I keep it conversational. I run less, no long runs, and no running outside in the heat. I'm content with 11 min miles and walk breaks when I feel like I need it. I still run about 3 times per week, and then do other things on the other days. So many people have told me that I now "Have a license to eat" which is SO not true! Everything you gain you've got to lose, so I try to eat sensibly and not eat just for the sake of it!

And then come all the labor and new baby horror stories. What's up with that??? I've been told anything from my body will never be the same to be prepared to pee yourself every time you laugh for the rest of your life. Sure, THEIR body was never the same, but considering the sources I doubt their body was much to write home from before hand!

Let's see, in other news lots of progress is being made on our projects here. Our "deadline" is Oct 1 (my b-day) and having all this messy construction over with would be the best bday gift EVER. And basically ALL of it falls on Brent now that I can't paint, sand, etc. This weekend we have a guy in working on the nursery drywalling around the new skylights and drywalling the outside of the new closet. Both of these projects are about 15-18 feet in the air, things we were interested in tackling! On the actual new stairs Brent has most of the new drywall up, mudded, sanded, primed and painted. Our families are coming back next Saturday for more "family fun work day"!

Once these projects are doing we are going on a babymoon! The trouble is I just can't decide where! Much like I absolutely never know what I want to eat now, I can't decide where I want to go. I've shopped cruises, resorts, places we've been and places we haven't. I just want to stay somewhere nice and relaxing, and not do much of anything for a week. Feet up, nice warm spot. Since it'll be late October that does rule out quite a few places! Right now I'm looking Caribbean, San Diego, or South Texas. Any ideas of fab resorts you've been to?

Alrighty, that's it for now! Baby is getting hungry! And the other FAQ - are you finding out what you're having? YOU BET! Sept 15th, for all you inquiring minds!

18 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Oh, we can ask THOSE questions? Well I have a few:

1. How is the pregnancy going to affect your carb loading? I mean, how do you know how much you are going to need to eat on Friday night before a race?

2. Have you had any food aversions to pasta? Or Gatorade? Or the smell of Body Glide? (Okay, maybe everyone does) Or Gu? (okay, I KNOW everyone does)

3. Do you think you will need to move to more motion control in your shoes as your weight goes up?

4. Do they make maternity wear in moisture-wicking fabric?

5. *insert inappropriate question about maternity job-bra here*

6. Will Pippin go to counseling if he can't handle this?

Actually, Pippin has no clue what is happening to you. But what he DOES notice is that you are getting TWICE the normal amount of food and he's still starving! (Well, all dogs think they are ALWAYS starving). He's following you around hoping that you'll drop something. :D

Hang in there, Rae. Its going to be an exciting running season, and at the end you get a fun piece of hardware to take home. :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

LOL...those questions will only get better as you get farther along, unfortunately! You'll be amazed at the stuff people will tell you. I was always like, "Thanks, I really DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR THAT." But I usually just smiled and said, "Oh really? Wow, that's interesting!" :)

Mugsy is Jackson's new best friend ever since he's had solid food...he literally sits at the bottom of his high chair and waits for things to fall. It's hilarious!

YOU RUN, GIRL! Good for mommy and baby! :)

Excited to hear if it's a little boy or girl!

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again. And, really people can tell - I couldn't. You look great.
I'm sure Pippin will love someone his size.
Also, we loved St. john it was wonderful, peaceful, laid back. It is a little rustic so maybe not the best place to be while pregnant. St. Thomas though is a tourist trap don't go there. Mexico has a lot of great all inclusive resorts. Tom and I are hoping to go to St. Marten in Jan. and it looks amazing. San Diego is great as well.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Anne said...

There will be plenty of vacancies at the resorts here in San Diego come October. Let me know if this is the place you select and I'll help you do some hunting.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Rae- Peter Island, BVI

it's perfect!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys is a spectacular resort for a babymoon. Check out www.Babymoonguide.com for more ideas.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Megan Hall said...

I think the appropriate response to "was it planned?" is "No, it was a total surprise when after 10 years of marriage we finally figured out which bits of mine were supposed to go next to which bits of his. Who knew we'd get a present to go with the fun we had?!?!" I mean seriously, inappropriate questions deserve inappropriate answers.

Congratulations, btw!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

This is seriously so exciting, Rae! Mike and I are both looking forward to following this journey of yours. Not sure if you got my text message after you posted last week, but congratulations!!!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh...and I'm with Tiggs on the Peter Island thing. We honeymooned there and it was beyond incredible. Also, the Marriott St. Kitts Royal Resort is fantastical. Let me know if you want more info.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I can only imagine the comments you must be getting. All I can say is relax and take with stride. People can really say inappropriate things during a very, very happy time for both of you. The time will go faster than you know it.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger brent said...

ohh congrats to you both!!!!! very cool and exciting!! i like jon's questions the best :)

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Get ready to have people second guess everything you do.  Ah, the miracle of life.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Raina said...

Congrats! I remember when we found out we were pregnant and we first told everyone. Of course, their reaction was "what took so long?" But then when we said it was twins, you wouldn't believe the looks we got..... like I was going to give birth to a two headed monster or something....... Wait a minute...... they're almost three now........Maybe our friends were right all along. The two headed monster DOES exist, ha!

I joke.... Congrats. And good for you in keeping up your workouts. I worked out until I was 6 and half months pregnant. So, you go girl!!

Raina

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Congratulations!! What great news for you guys! I hope that all is going well -- you sound great! Although I have halted my own blog, I still try to keep up with a few peep's, and boy am I glad I still read yours! Take care of yourself!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger David said...

Sweet! Congratulations.
I don't know if there's any truth to it but I heard/read somewhere that after a pregnancy your hips adjust to make marathon running a more natural effort.
That, of course, puts marathon training runs in direct conflict with baby life management.
Enjoy the ride!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, life will never be the same but really that is what life is all about.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

people are idiots. i CANNOT believe people asked if you planned it! NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS is the answer to that!

and a babymoon! wonderful idea!

what ebeths said. :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, canada goose, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, pandora charms, moncler, wedding dresses, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, barbour, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doudoune canada goose, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, montre pas cher, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, karen millen, lancel, converse outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk
ninest123 16.01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home