Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jan 31, 2009.

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight


Is there ever a post you've written over and over in your head? Not just once, but for days and weeks, maybe even months. Something so big you don't even know how to start it, how to even verbalize everything you want to say, or the tone you want to say it in. Something just SO much bigger than words.

We're having a baby!!! Jan 31, 2009.

For you fellow mathematicians that puts me at a secret we've held for 15.5 weeks now. And a lot of you have known for a few weeks now, and thanks for not publicly spilling the beans while we make sure we get a chance to tell people ourselves.

I can't even put into words everything we're feeling right now! Excitement, pure joy, and scared witless. Hearing that little heartbeat (159 bpm at yesterday's appt) is like nothing else in the world, it's just unfathomable. It just seems like so many other things just don't even matter anymore, it's all about incubating this little person to the best of my ability, a task we're ALL taking seriously. I swear on some level Pippin knows-he basically does not let me out of his sight anymore, period.

I have so many hopes and dreams and a whole new host of things to be scared of and worry about, none of which have anything to do with me. I could care less if I never run another mile, but I can't wait to run the streets of our great city with our little bumblebee pimped out in a jogging stroller. I can't wait to show this new person all the wonderful places Brent and I have been to - the serene coast of Maine, the beauty of Oregon, the insanity of Mt Rushmore, the unfathomable beauty of Bryce Canyon. There are so many things to see again from a new pair of eyes. I can't wait to swing on the porch after next year's Tomato Festival with a giggling baby. I can't wait to hear one more person complain about the quantity of Christmas trees I like to decorate, and the sheer madness of putting out the Halloween decorations on October 1st every year. One more person to tell me I honk way too much in traffic. There will be a new person to tell the story of how Brent and I met all those years ago, and how I knew right away he was the one, and what a great dad I knew he'd be. A new person to love on Pippin, and become the new object of his affection.

I think my little 7 year old nephew said it best last week when he IM'd me and asked me for the hundreth time when "we would be getting the baby". He said "I wonder who my new cousin will be" and I admit I wonder the same thing, just about every minute of every day. It's just more exciting than any words can do justice.

24 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Wow, congrats that is so awesome.

Look forward to following along.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger mouse said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I'm so excited for you guys! SO SUPER EXCITED! in fact, I was just out shopping the other day and now I need to get around to sending out the package to y'alls. YAY! baby shit is so cute, I swear!

I hope she/he has your hair, both your and brent's sarcasm, and pippin's enthusiasm. :)

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

YAY!!!!

Congrats, Rae!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Emily Gray said...

that's so great!! congratulations!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

CONGRADS, Rae!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for both of you. I think Pippen's excited too.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! I didn't expect that announcement.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you both - the little-one-on-the-way is darn lucky to have you and Brent to start his/her jouney through life. And don't worry the feeling of excitement, pure joy, and scared switless is normal!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

That is fabulous news! Congrats to both of you . . . although Rowdy wants to put his two cents in about matching outfits for the baby and Pippin.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Yes, let me add to the chorus of congratulatory comments. I'm so happy for the two of you (I'm not sure Pippin's excited to suddenly lose his place as the baby of the family, but it was bound to happen at some point). Whoo-hoo!!!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger David said...

Congrats!

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay. I'm glad everything is going well. And, I'm sure you will be awesome parents! In the meantime if you need any house help etc let us know.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

That is awesome!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Danny said...

Mazel Tov!!! :-)

Congratulations to both of you!!! That's so awesome.

(When does the fetus get a blog? You know, to keep up with Pippin!)

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Congrats!!!! What wonderful and exciting news!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

RAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!!! CONGRATULATIONS! :) I'm here if you ever need to talk-- saraziemnik at earthlink dot net

Pippin will be a big brother! And you guys will be such wonderful parents. I hope you are feeling well!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO! :) Jackson says hello to his new little friend.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Congratulations Rae! You're whole life has already changed, in the best possible ways. So exciting!!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! What a great post!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Shalini said...

Congratulations!!!! Such exciting news!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

I wondered. Something about the tone of Pip bday post and the stomach issues before the tomato fest had me thinking somethin' was up.

Congrats to the both of you. Take good care of yourself. You are in for the ride of your life.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Just saw your comment on Salty's blog and realized I had missed a big announcement over here! Congratulations!!!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Ahhhh!!!! How did I miss this? I've been way behind on blogs, but my goodness!! This is wonderful! Congrats to both of you!!!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sara Jo said...

Congrats!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, burberry, michael kors outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, gucci outlet, michael kors, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home