Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Dog ate my Library Book

Things in life that are a little embarrassing:

Getting a letter in the mail from the library saying you owe them $19 for a book you've returned with pages that have chew marks and tear on them. Going down to the library and admitting that you do have a dog, but he's never shown any interest in reading. Asking them if they could check the previous owner, because you're not entirely convinced you damaged the book. Hearing them say you're the only person who has ever checked the book out, and then hearing yourself ask who to make the check out to. Sigh.

But really, now that I bought this book (and they returned to me) it really doesn't look like a Pippin activity. When he gets into something he demolishes it. This was delicate chews and some sharp scratches. When Brent looked at it he thought hamster/mouse, which is really much more how it looks. And considering I return books via the drop, and they're not checked in until the following morning - an industrious mouse could've really had a good night with MY book.

The contractor got all finished with the projects we had for him yesterday, so now all the major remodel type stuff in the nursery is done! There's still some painting for us, and we have an outdoor water faucet in there to be removed (seriously, you could plug a hose up INSIDE the house, in the nursery - it makes NO sense!), but that's all pretty minor (for us). All the new baseboard is already painted and we just have to put it in. Everything seems to be coming along in good time!

OH, and I did forget to note that Brent and I are the only two losers left in the world who don't have passports. I rarely plan our vacations that far in advance, so it's never conducive to getting one, and I never remember unless I'm shopping for a getaway! So, wherever we go will have to be a US type place (or cruise where you leave from the US). The more I look at cruises the more I think it's just not us, and now I'm leaning towards 3 San's : San Diego, San Antonio, and San Juan, and I may be leaning more towards San Juan. I can't wait for a vacation!!!

For the love of God, how much more gymnastics can there possibly be in the Olympics?????

P.S. The pic of Pippin from above is from a couple of weeks ago right after he ripped his dew claw. I like his look of "Why would you want to bandage my leg up like this? Don't you know I'm going to have this off in 15 minutes?"

P.S.S. I've had two good workouts this week, Mon and Tues. I had too much work today to leave and go to the gym at lunch. Of course I did have one person tell me (nicely) on my way back in from the gym yesterday that my body is just not going to be the same after. How many times have I already heard THAT one! I always say, Nope, it's just going to be better because I have NEVER had that much time off work to workout. =) People.

4 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I can not believe that the people at the library did not believe that Pippen ate part of the library book. Cute picture of Pippen!

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. They made you pay for the book. That's crazy.
Love the Pippin picture.
I think gymnastics are over.
Anyway, have a great weekend.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dented Cans said...

I stumbled across your site while googling "Luxating Patella". My little Min-Pin injured his hind legs today and after the vet visit, I am trying to figure out what is going on.

I read your post, and I am the same wreck you were about it.

I didn't find anything on it, but how is Pippin doing now? Did he have to have surgery? Do you guys still deal with his knees?

Thank you so much for your time!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, canada goose, doke gabbana outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, swarovski, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, marc jacobs, moncler outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, pandora charms, moncler, wedding dresses, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, moncler, barbour, canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, doudoune canada goose, canada goose uk, links of london, canada goose, montre pas cher, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, karen millen, lancel, converse outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk
ninest123 16.01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home