Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday in the South.....

Wow, what a Saturday! It's going to take a while to get all the pics we've taken today into a post, but congrats to everyone who ran Music City today!!! It started out rainy but then got massively warm and sunny!! We left around 6:30 this morning and got rained on pretty steadily until about 20 or 30 minutes into the race and had a pretty chilly morning cheering. I had a light pair of shorts on over my bike shorts, and a windbreaker over my bike jersey and arm warmers but really wish I had more! Anyway, we cheered runners we knew and didn't know right past the start, at the 15K mark, the finish and then on around 21/25 as well as at various spots we biked along the way. I have new found respect for Brent and all the cheering he does for me because it can get a little dull, chilly and wet!! All in all we were out there for around 5-5.5 hours before we headed home and got to see most of the people we were looking for, and a few surprise friends. I'll have more pics and what-not in the next few days when I find a few minutes.

And then tonight is was the Grand Ole Opry. So.stinking.fun. Why have we never been in the 9 years we've lived here??? It was a blast, and I have lots of fun pics of the evening. Between the long day of cheering and yelling/hoop n'hollering tonight, along with the sinus infection I think I'm getting me and my voice are BEAT! I don't look like I have a set of lungs on me, but if you're heading past me and I know your name I use all I've got! Whew.

So, here's just a couple to tide you over!

The overall marathon top finisher, so fast!!













My cheering garb, complete with the tambourine I acquired when a kid left it in the bushes. SCORE!













Me and Trace Adkins:










I seriously would've bought this hat if I had any clue how cute I was in it:

5 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

that is so awesome that you did that! i always say it's (almost) as hard for the spectators as the racers. Nice work, and nice pics!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being on the course. It was great to see you and Brent yesterday!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

OMG, you have to know I HEART the Opry. I could go every weekend, pretty much. And Trace Adkins is hottie for sure!!

Too bad I missed you guys Saturday...it was quite hectic getting my gear bag after the half, then getting changed between two vehicles (I was freezing!) and then rushing back over to mile 20 just in time meet my sister! Thanks for being out there cheering, though...you know as well as I do how much it is appreciated! ;)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Being a cheer-er is a hard job. I rather race the race than be a spectator :o)

I am sure the people running the marathon appreciate for all your hollering.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Rich said...

5+ hours out there? You guys are kind souls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home