Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Fever

Hey everyone! No time to post, just a quick hello to say......"hello!". You know your weekend is starting with a buzz when you're awoken at 4:30 in the morning to an earthquake! What a strange feeling, but from growing up in Memphis I was pretty aware of what it was - although also pretty asleep! Pippin on the other hand, was not so happy and jumped up out of his bed barking, thinking his bed was somehow revolting against him!! Brent....well, he slept through the whole thing entirely!

Anyway, we had a great weekend of gardening, house stuff, park stuff, running stuff, dinner stuff and dog stuff. It rained, it was sunny, I got sunburned. Of course. I got all of my backyard gardens planted, and have a few flowers I need to get into the front yard this week. We also got most of the baseboards for several rooms cut, and I got them all painted Sunday afternoon (thus causing the sunburn). It took Brent a lot longer to cut them because we bought very wide baseboard - too wide for the saw, so it took a lot of manual work. They're gonna look gorgeous....

Saturday morning I ran a gorgeous 5.5 miler downtown. The sun felt so nice, and Brent rode behind me on his bike. Yum. My plan was 4 miles but as I am geography challenged I ended up with 5.5, which was just fine. The race I'm contemplating is 10 miles, so it's nice to be already more than halfway there with nearly 2 months to spare. The plan for this weekend is 5, but I'll prob up that to 6-6.5 instead.

We also met Tom, Nicole and Scooter for Earth Day, which sucked. (Earth Day, not T,N & S.) I don't know if they just had crap vendors or bands or the rainy weather Saturday kept all the fun away but it just plain sucked. But they did get to witness the insaneness of how "personal" Pippin likes to get with the other dogs at the dog park......Speaking of, we're going to see a veterinary ophthalmologist in a couple of weeks. Seriously, there's one in the city and our vet referred us to him since the ointment didn't do any good. There's really nothing we think the doc can do for him, but he can 100% diagnosis it which will be reassuring. The spot doesn't bother Pippin and the main thing we have to do is just an eye on it, but it will be nice to have a second opinion.

One day Pippin is going to get Tom back for this one......and most likely via a direct lick to the mouth.












We also went to a dinner party at our neighbor's house where he pretty much served us hamburger tartare. It was pretty much....gross. I don't like my burger to be a brick, but I'm not so fond of it moo-ing either. Needless to say a lot of burgers were in the trash last night and thankfully we didn't get sick!

Anyway, that's the short version. Time to relax on the couch with the boys although it will be so hard to tear myself away from the nice breeze coming through our open back door. I.love.spring.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

Horray for spring. Not horray for the earth quake. It's about time the sun is out shining and get to go out without bundling up like we are living in the arctic...

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Spring seems to be taking its time by us this year. I wish it would warm up and stop raining soon, my list of projects keeps growing.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Hamburger Tatare, yuck! That's why I am a veggie.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, hamburger tartare sounds terrifying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home