Friday, April 25, 2008

On the Mark....

Wow, someone has flipped a switch and the GMA-ers in town from earlier this week have been turned into a bunch of skinny runners pretty much overnight! Tomorrow is going to be weird in lot of ways since I'm not doing CMM this year. But, my pockets will be bouncier with that extra $90 in it and I've never actually gotten to see the race (or any race this large) so it's going to be a fun experience in its own right. The plan is still to bike around various points, so everyone collectively do an anti-rain dance otherwise we'll just be stuck driving to various points which is nowhere near as fun or calorie burning. I've got to get all my bike stuff laid out tonight and hopefully find a few noisemakers. I'd love a cowbell, but I'm not sure where to buy one??? I went to the expo today and got a few things. I'd be lying if I said it didn't just tear at me a little to not be leaving with one of those white runner bags, but I really think this twinge is going to help with the other twinge of massive running/house/life burnout I have. So good luck to everyone, and Lana has a THOROUGH list of everyone running!!! I'm pretty sure I've already honked at every last one of them, too. I took me stinking 25 minutes to go 1.5 miles this afternoon since there was no way for me to get home except to go through them. Blah.

Overall this has been a really, really crappy week for us. I'm not going into details but I am going into a bubble bath instead. The absolute least of the week being one roofing company basically flat out refusing to even quote our roof as it was "just too difficult" and most of the companies won't even return our calls once they come out. (We've literally called 16 companies now and have 2 actual quotes.) We knew it would be expensive because of the pitch and the many layers of roof already on to be removed, but this is getting nuts. We do have one solid company we've moved on to the "second round" and we'll probably just go with them. On the plus side we did get a new home security alarm this week that is PIMP. It doesn't require a phone line, it all works cellularly making it tougher for criminals since they can't just cut the phone wires. It has every bell and whistle so Pippin can now enjoy an early retirement and rest easy. It's just pimp, really. And on the plus side I have the **best** husband ever who surprised me by bringing home my fave dinner yesterday along with flowers and some yummy dessert, to make me feel better about the crap of the week. AND, we're going to the Grand Ole Opry tomorrow night to see my new favorite singer. I am going to get so badonkey-donked.

So, I guess even the crappiest week ever isn't so crappy when you add in a pimp new security system, the best husband ever, and Trace Adkins.

Good luck runners, it's time for this country-boy loving lady to soak this week away for a long, long time with a copy of Runners World. Or This Old House. Maybe both.

5 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rae!

I have a GREAT recommendation for renovation.

Frank Blackwell 394 6114. He did our roof and he did really well. He is also down working on a neighbors house now...we're done! Yea!!

Please think about calling him. I think you'd be pretty surprised. He came in tons cheaper and friendlier than all the others.

PS Look for me in a pink/red/brown combo top today...Full CMM #3.

Do that crazy rain dance if you're up at 4am!!

Jill

So,

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad week! If you need anything just give a yell or if there is anything I can do let me know.

Have fun today out there. Hope to run into you as I cheer them on.

By the way I'm going to an open house tomorrow on Forrest if you want to come. I just couldn't resist looking online at homes and this one has a kitchen I could live in. Not as great as yours, but still great.

Have fun at the concert.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the bad week and the roof situation. I hope you get it all taken care of in a reasonable fashion and without it costing you a ridiculous amount of money.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Crappy weeks suck! I hope you enjoy some time as a spectator.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hey, I know EXACTLY where the Grand Ole Opry is now! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home