Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Timmmm-ber

Hey guys!! Guess who is running a super-cute marathon in October????? Well, a lot of you since October holds Chicago, Marine Core, Detroit, Twin Cities and a load of other marathons. BUT, I just finished filling out my app for THIS super cute one, which for some reason Brent finds hilarious. I've got a Wonder Woman stamp on the envelope and off she goes tomorrow. Brent's going to run the half with me, take a break, then come backwards on the course and run the last few miles with me. Total cost for both of our races - $50!!! Can't beat that! The marathon is October 28th, and then Brent and I will both be running the Harpeth Hills marathon together on November 19th. I don't plan to taper for the 4-H marathon, it's more of a long training run for me and it should work well as it has rolling hills. I'd like to do the Team Nashville half (I think it's the following weekend) since it also has rolling hills, and this year I would like to NOT puke at Mile 12. Depending on how those two go I may still do the Memphis Marathon on December 2nd or Huntsville on December 9th. Or I may be totally burnt out on racing and just spend December baking and Christmas shopping.

Today was a very exciting day - we had a tree taken down! Half of it had fallen on our neighbor's house a week after we moved in, and the other half was aimed towards our house and cracking more and more every day. It was QUITE the production of cranes and equipment, totally fascinating. The guys did a great job and nothing got smashed up. Of course Pippin loved watching (from inside!). Here are a few pics! I'm sure the guys LOVED us and our cameras!!

Part 1: Taking the limbs down from in the bucket:









Part 2: The trunk - probably the toughest!! (notice that Pippin is watching from the window!)
















Part 3: The stump - They started grinding it today but broke their grinder so they have to come back tomorrow!

16 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

love the pic of Pippin in the window. I'm sure he makes a great supervisor.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute post, there. Emesis, not so cute, though. Have a darling thursday, our dear Rae. You're husband rawks for being the first comment in my Myspace, even though I don't use it because I have a reeeal blog, yo.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Very cute pics.

Firefly's a little sad that you will not be coming to the TCM. :( Oh well. The race sounds like fun.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Running Chick said...

You really *are* hooked on distance aren't you?!

The pictures of the 4-H course are beautiful...and hilly. Can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks all too familiar! They're finishing cutting our tree down today. Can't say Lucy is as interested as Pippin though.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That marathon looks like fun, might be a nice Kentucky marathon.

I like the fact that the marathon course mile markers are metal and in situ on the course. That's freakin' cool and you know that they will be supporting the race!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger David said...

in situ? Yeah; right: in situ. Excuse me I have to go look that up.


The 4H race does look gorgeous but what is wrong with course? The roads kind of go up and down like there's something wrong with them.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Danny said...

which mile has the mint julep station?

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that this, of all times, is the first time I have NOT seen "vomit" in your Last 20 Searchengine Queries?

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you signed up for the marathon and more in the future.

It is pretty cool watching trees being cut down. No surprise that Pippin enjoyed the action.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Neese said...

pippin peepin thru the window is precious! :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

ooh cool stump pictures! Thanks for the well wishes today!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

I am tickled pink that you keep calling it a Super Cute Marathon!! :) Do you know how many people run it each year? This is one race report I am SOOOO looking forward to!

You know you're in for some good ole fashioned fun when the course is described as "pass by country farms and the Old Mulkey State Park before finishing back at the Monroe County Middle School."

Congrats on taking this plunge...you're turning into "super rockstar i'm never going to stop running marathon woman." Yes...that should be your new name.

Pips is too cute looking through the window (Phog says hi by the way). Hopefully that stump problem gets resolved soon.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jenniferlyn said...

Pippin is the MOST adorable dog ever!

Glad to see the tree was cut before it hit your house too!

Good luck on the 4H Marathon - cannot wait to hear how it goes for you!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I love your motivation for the upcoming races. You'll do great of course, can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Dalia Alaa said...


. Lucky me I came across your website by chance
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/water-leaks-detection-isolate-company-qassim.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/water-leaks-detection-isolate-company-qassim.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home