Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Week in Pics!

Hey guys! I finally downloaded some pics from my camera, so if Blogger will allow it I will show you guys what we've been up to!

The first couple of pics are from the Frist Center where we went to see the Pulitzer prize winning photos a couple of weeks ago. The exhibit's gone now but it wasn't worth it. The third pic is from the Flying Saucer, I just love the decor! All the saucers on the ceiling and wall are so cool!

Next up are pics from last Saturday's show at Zanie's comedy club. They don't allow pics during the show and for once we obeyed the rules. Ha! But we did see April Macie (from this season of Last Comic Standing) talking to fans outside a side door afterwards. She's the redhead on the other side of the very large lady!! (On a side note, if you live in Nashville you might as well realize that AT SOME POINT, if you get out of your house AT ALL, you will end up in one of our pictures, on my blog.)

This next pic is from the inside of a new Rubbermaid container I bought. Obviously, sticking your kid inside of it to suffocate it has become a large enough problem that we all need to be warned against it. Huh????









Here's what we call the suburban rapture, or what happens when the Prez come to town. We were on our way home and are used to seeing pics like the first one. Traffic heading towards the suburbs at a complete standstill for our entire 18 mile commute into the city. We just laugh at all the suburbanites as we SAIL home each day. But, Wed afternoon once we hit the downtown loop a police van was in the middle of the interstate and there wasn't a car at all on that side for miles and miles. Huh??? We quickly remembered Bush was coming to town for a $2,100 a plate Republican fundrasier. (On a side note, if I EVER paid that for a dinner it had better be a dinner of Doritos, cake, cheese dip and all my fave foods. And Kevin Bacon had better be there, not George Bush.) apparently they had shut down the insanely busy side of the downtown interstate loop for the prez, in the middle of rush hour. If I was a suburbanite that would have been one more reason for me to vote Democratic.









And here are pics of Brent fixing our roof. THREE shingles had come loose and were hanging on one side of our house as a result of a storm less than 2 weeks ago. I've just changed insurance carriers due to some SERIOUSLY incompetent people at our local State Farm office (when I received all our official docs with Brent's name set up as BRETT that was the straw that broke the camel's back) and apparently our new insurance carrier came by to do a home evaluation and didn't even bother to tell us they were coming. I got a voicemail from our contact at the main office that the local office wanted to drop our coverage due to these 3 shingles. OOOOOOHHHH did she receive a voicemail back from me!!!!!!! We were so mad Brent came home and fixed it right away (it took all of 15 mins) and I jammed her inbox with pics of the fixed roof today. She called back and was very apologetic but I am still as mad as a wet hen. I've been dealing with insurance carriers basically non-stop since our wreck last October and I am sick to death of them. On the good side Brent is now obsessed with getting up on the roof and may change careers.





In running news I've been keeping up with my midweek runs. I've been to the company gym twice this week to run during lunch. Yeah for multitasking!!!!! Yesterday I went on my own because Brent had a going away lunch for a coworker. A yoga class was getting out when I got there, and then the crowd thinned out a bit. I glanced out of the corner of my eye at a lady on the elliptical - who was eating a SANDWICH while reading a magazine, while sort of "working out" on the elliptical. UGH!!! That sort of sums up our office!! On a side note, we had cake today to celebrate some units records broken during August. I never, ever turn down cake!!! We eat healthy - no sodas, avoid most sugars & fried foods, etc, but cake - oh yeah!! So, I had a meeting to go to and I brought my cake with me to eat later. A VERY obese VP had the nerve to look at me and say "Oooh cake. You have no idea how bad that is for you." To which I said "Yeah, I really do, but I'll work it off when I work out tonight." He said "You don't realize how long you'll have to work out to burn that off." I said, "Yeah, I do. I run at least 35 miles a week, work out 6 days a week and do plenty of toning exercises on top of that." He said "Oh, well I guess you will burn it off. I only work out 3 days a week." I'm here to tell you - whatever workouts he is doing we ALL need to avoid. Changing channels is NOT exercise people!!

Speaking of, it's time or some exercise!! Have a great weekend, great races and an awesome Labor day!! Something VERY exciting is brewing in the RBF world and I can't wait to tell you what some of us are going to be up to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Rae

13 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you are getting back into the swing of things. Nice to read about you knocking out a 17 miler and now you're telling me there is more happening in the RBF world. I can't even keep up with my own world.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Pineapple pizza, doritos, vanilla yoghurt by the buckets (with grape nuts on top), tiramisuuuuuuu... and pitchers of Red Bull (no ice) for me. Al Gore's OK with me. As much as I'm not an environmentalist, I like hearing him speak. I'd love to drink a mug of Red Bull with him.

This is starting to sound like a weird last meal before an execution.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Insurance companies suck!!!

Glad everything is going well on the running front!

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Ditto e-speed's comment regarding the insurance industry. I am glad that you guys were able to get it straightened out - those pics of Brent up on the roof are scary! As too are the pics of the deserted highway - like something out of an end of the world movie!
Hope you guys have a great long weekend.
ps - "mad as a wet hen" i love the expression! i have to find a way to work that into my convo today!

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm too surprised by the Rubbermaid warning sticker. It reminds me of the Brian Regan comedy routine about Pop Tarts and the fact they actually have directions on how to prepare them.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

loved your conversation with the VP, the word clueless came to mind. Don't give up on him, yet. LOL!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

**Firefly on her soapbox** I HATE State Farm!! Hate, hate! I was with them for 9 years - TOO long. They screwed us over when we had water damage. They only paid $75 and we had to pay a $500 deductable and they only allowed us to use CHEAP tiles instead of ceramic tile. I am still fighting with them over my chiropractor bills from a car accident almost 2 years ago. GEEEZ!

**end of Firefly's soapbox**

I like the comment that your co-worker made about the cake. LOL! Go figure!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

yikes. challenge your co-worker to start running with you. i did that with my boss...and well, he took me up. He's actually training for a 15k right now. Woo!

And sorry that SF is completely sucking right now. Insurance folks drive me nuts.

Keep up the rockstar job running. My weekly totals lately have been low...I'm starting to get a little worried. Yikes.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

yes...congrats on the 17 mile run...and good to catch up with you. We've all been busy I guess. Hope you have a good weekend.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job on the run! And the Rubbermaid thing is crackin' me up...how DUMB are we as a nation if THAT has to be made into a STICKER?!!!! AGH! LOL

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

OMG, on an elliptical EATING??? That should be ILLEGAL! what an idiot! I remember you saying someone from your office was going to be running the MCM...i hope this is the person! I just might kick her ass!

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Great job on the mid-day runs. And, all I have to say is cake - yum!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Beanie said...

aah - tell us what the RBF is up to already!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home