Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Feeling the Burn!

Hey guys!! Tomorrow's Thursday, yee haw!!! I love it when the work week flies by and it's almost the weekend before you know it!

Before I ramble into other stuff, a few of you had asked how you get a call from Samuel L Jackson. If you'd like a call from him go to www.snakesonaplane.com and from there you can enter a phone number and some other data. It's really HILARIOUS! You can only have him call a number once, which sort of sucks because I wanted to harass a few coworkers with it throughout the day! Also, if you're looking for some new running tunes I would highly suggest the movie soundtrack. There's lots of great tracks for running on there. I'm also loving Christina Aguilera's new CD, I sit at my desk bee-bopping to that all day! And did you see where some people actually put snakes in the theater?? YIKES!!

So anyway, back to what we've been up to. It's mostly work, working on the house, and running. I have SO much paint in my hair!!! We've done all the closets, some trim and our bathroom and now we're painting the den. I have a seriously big issue of backing up into what I have already painted. I got my hair cut last week (trimmed, really) and my stylist called me on it. Well, last weekend I REALLY got my head in some white paint (in a closet). WOW! It's bad. I razored some of it out, but it's time for me to add some more color to my hair anyway!

This week I started back on all my toning/strength training. I haven't done a lick of it since before the move in early July. Man, do I feel good!! 20 mins of killer butt Monday night and 30 mins of Ab Attack last night and I am sore all over and it FEELS SO GOOD! I love that our routines are starting to return to normal. Except, our DVD player broke in the move! It's just a $30 cheap-o one, so it's no great loss. I guess we're very lucky that the DVD player is the only thing that's broken. So, in doing my workouts I'm having to pop the DVD into our laptop. Small screen but it still did the job! I also have the treadmill set up here now. It's a little wobbly on the not-so-100% flat-105 year old wood floors! I guess it's just something to get used to.

Today Brent and I both went to the eye doctor. I haven't been in TWELVE years!! I have good eyesight, but I can tell all the staring at spreadsheets all day long is starting to take its toll. Well, it really isn't. The doc said I can see through drywall, but he can see some astigmatism (sp?) starting to develop, just as a result of age.

I really don't have much to talk about, so I guess that's all! Sorry for such a boring post! This weekend we've got 17 flat miles on tap. Woo hoo!! I hope it's at least a little cooler than last weekend. I can't wait til fall! Good luck on all your races and long runs this weekend!

Rae

Exercise -
Sun - 2 miles
Mon - 3 miles, 30 mins Killer Butt
Tues - 4 miles, 20 mins Ab Attack

10 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I have good eyesight too. Last year I decided that I really wanted some cute little glasses to wear with certain outfits and such...and I thought "I am almost 30, surely my eyesight has gone downhill some since the last time I was at the eye doc (when I was 17 years old)." So I decided I'd go see the eye doc and surely he would say I needed some glasses. I got there and went through the exam only to find out I had 20/10 vision - and he wouldn't give me a prescription for glasses!! He told me to come back when I was 40. I should have saved my $15 copay, gone to the little sunglasses stand at Opry Mills and bought some fake ones. Geez.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Nice job on painting, even if you painted yourself. The satisfaction of enjoying your handiwork should be priceless compared to getting someone to do it for you (although that would be so much easier!).

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Nice workouts this week.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I didn't realize you could customize the phone calls. Too freaking funny. I loved the "get on your greasy bike and take your girlfriend, rachel, to see snake on a plane now" The way he said greasy was the absolute best.

Good luck on the long run!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Paint in the hair is a badge of honor, wear it proudly - probably a line from Tim Allen. Anyway glad you home improvement is moving along. Sounds like you are doing a good job staying in shape too!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I am sick. I like the heat now. Train too much. I dont' have much body fat left and even in warm/cool weather, i feel the chills.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did my core exercises outside for the first time in years and it was AWESOME! I'm glad you're back on the core workout wagon :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Neese said...

the image of you backing into what you just painted is funny, maybe you should of worn a shower cap lol.

17 miles, that's so awesome! have fun!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger lainb said...

OMG - what morons to bring live snakes into the theater! that's beyond funny prankster crap...that's just WRONG! eek!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Did Brent get any paint in his hair?

Good luck on the 17 miler this weekend! It's comforting to know that you and Brent will be running your marathon on the same day as me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home