Friday, September 16, 2005

A case of the blahs

Happy Friday! I can't believe we all made it through this terrible week. Ugh. Brent and I have both had a case of the blahs and it's carried over some into our exercise. We've been working to late to really get over to the gym before it closes, and it's just not as much fun to start out when it's so dark. He's looked into getting us little headlamps, but I feel a little weird about that. The only dangerous spot is getting into and out of our subdivision (and crossing some streets). Earlier this week a fire truck, moving EXTREMELY fast, nearly mowed me down. It did not have its light or siren on, but it was going wayyyy faster than the 30 mph speed limit. We've gotten where we also like to mix it up and run some of the park trails, and they have no lighting what-so-ever so we're limited to running on the sidewalks outside our neighborhood.

Anyway, it was raining and all-in-all gross around here last night - not the nice cooling summer rain that's fun to run in but more like the heavy, humid rain mixed with thunder and lightning. Afterwards it was just steamy and humid, so I stuck with my elliptical again and watched some Celebrity Poker on Bravo while I was working out. It was OK, not very motivating but I burned some calories. It was lightning again this morning so Pippin and I didn't get to walk but we're about to go now. He seemed pretty confused about it this morning which I find to be hilarious. There are so many words we can't say in front of him now because he knows what they mean and will get a reaction out of him - ball, treat, ride, walk, daddy and even poop. Brent likes to hide in various places and jump out and scare me when we come back inside, so I've taught Pippin "Where's Daddy?" so he'll go and find him for me before he gets a chance to scare the living daylights out of me.

I'm not totally sure what we're doing this weekend. We both brought work home, and we plan on doing a long run of 12 or 13 miles sometime. We also have some projects around the house we need to finish. It seems like nothing ever gets finished around here, so I'm trying to relax and let go, and tackle small, manageable projects and not worry about the rest.

Well, it's time to take Pippin for a walk. Good luck on all your long runs and races this weekend!

Rachel

Exercise Log-
Thursday - 1 mile am walk with Pippin AND Brent, 40 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes toning/flex (abs)

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mr. Excitement said...

Lights, so you can both smell AND see the skunks. Great idea! I actually have a very nice LED "head light" (it is the bright one) that you can borrow if you want to try it. I have never ran with it on, but for walking at night (especially on the beach) it is great. I assume that you could tighten down the harness and it would stay on even at the speeds you reach. Keep up the great job with your blog!

 
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment! I have actually read Dean K's book... twice! I love this book, especially when he describes the night he started running from a bar... Love it!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the comment. I was looking at the Amphipod hydration system "pre-leg pain" and decided to wait it out. The funny thing is that I've been running with this goofy bottle system for years. Only recently have I run into issues.

It seems to be a combination of issues. Bad routes, pelvic injuries, back issues, etc. I WAS going to hold off until Xmas for the Amphipod. Now, it might have to be an anniversary gift, instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home