Wednesday, September 07, 2005

God loves short work weeks

Hey guys! I don't think there are enough short work weeks in the world. In my boring world as an accountant this is budget season. If you asked me the date I'd probably tell you it's 2006 right now since that's the only year I'm typing in. It absolutely sucks, and I am SO sick of numbers, spreadsheets, and looking at the crazy ass things non-financial people try to put together as their department budgets. If we actually put in what they asked for there's no way we'd be able to make a profit, but then again some of them order a $600 chair for their big asses. For $600 that chair had better have a heated seat, do my work for me, massage my back AND tell me I'm the prettiest chick in the office. But no, it kind of looks like a lawn chair, and not in a cool modern way because that's totally my style. Anyway, enough of that trash talk!!

Today was a long work day so instead of running or going to the gym I worked out here at home while a chicken lasagna was in the oven and Rock Star INXS was on TV. After last night's run my left arch was really hurting me. It didn't hurt while I ran but was really tender immediately after. It was still really sore this morning so I was a good girl and did not wear the really cute pink Candies stilletos I have that go perfectly with the pink shirt I wore today. I wore sensible, low heel boots and stayed off my feet (which isn't exactly difficult when you're a bean counter). I thought about not working out tonight, but I have a piece of peanut butter pie in the fridge I'm dying for and I knew I would be too guilty to eat it if I didn't burn some calories (or butter as Denise Austin calls it). So, I did 20 minutes of yoga and 40 minutes on my elliptical trainer. The yoga stretching helped my arch, and I just got off the elliptical and it's feeling even better. Maybe it just needed to be stretched a little more??

Anyway, it's pie time! Tonight's Rock Star wasn't really that surprising, as much as I love Jordis she's just not right for the band. AND I think Marty deserved the encore. 'Trees' rocked, we downloaded it and I've been singing it ALL day!

Rachel

Exercise: 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 20 minutes yoga (focus:abs), 40 minutes elliptical trainer

1 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger lainb said...

mmmmmm...peanut butter pie! now THAT'S a motivating factor!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home