Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Anyone wanna carpool?

Happy Wednesday everyone! So what's the price of gas in your neighborhood? On the way home tonight gas was already up to 2.98, it's been running around 2.58. Crazy. We had started shopping for a smaller, more fuel efficient car a while back and I really wish we had already unloaded the Expedition. Brent and I work for the same company about 2 miles from here, and we've talked about starting to carpool just to save some gas money. We're also thinking about possibly buying an older small car that would get better gas mileage to scoot around town in, and keep our Expedition and Jeep Wrangler. Hopefully everything in the Gulf will get straightened out and gas will go down soon. All the looting and media coverage I've seen of New Orleans is crazy. I can't imagine being in a situation like that, where the best place you can think of to go and be safe is on interstate overpasses.

Tonight we ran 3 miles. Since we ran yesterday we normally would have gone to the gym, walked the dog, or played some basketball but Brent wanted to run. He's been keeping track of his mileage and he needed 2.5 or so to make 60 miles for the month. I was more than happy to jog along since it was a beautiful day here (which I feel pretty guilty about saying since it's the result of the terrible hurricane). It felt like fall today with nice breezes, it would have been a great day to play hookey from work.

It's Rock Star Inxs right now, baby! At this moment JD is singing his INXS song. Man, I hope he goes home! I can't stand his attitude!! I'm rooting for Susie and Mig now. Susie has really come around, her version of Bohemian Rh. this week was awesome. Once JD is gone I think it's going to be so hard to watch one of them be voted off. They're all such GREAT singers. I'm so glad they got really good singers instead of crappy American Idol type people.

Well, it's been a great August everyone and here's looking forward to a cool September! I'm going to start keeping better track of my mileage and start adding length to my long runs. There's a couple of local races I'd like to do later in the month, but until then it's just the local courses for me!

See ya tomorrow!

Rachel

Exercise - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 3 mile evening run and I'm about to do my toning stuff once Rock Star goes off. Priorities people!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mr. Excitement said...

The "cheap" place where I buy gas in Nashville was $2.98 this afternoon. I was almost home when I was passing a several stations. 2 were at $2.79 (and so was Kroger), but one station was still at $2.69. I did a U-turn and filled up (about 5 gallon worth but what the hey). I was thinking "WOW, CHEAP GAS!!! Yeah!!!".

Oh, wait a minute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home