Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Time & Ways Ppl Find my Blog

Hey guys!! I guess I've survived another Monday so I think I'll make it 'til the weekend. After Sat night's race we went and pigged out on Mexican. Nothing beats a hard day of racing than a big plate of nachos with beef. Sunday we rested and got a ton of errands and shopping done. Just as we were getting home from grocery shopping the rain started to pour down. It was really humid out, and I was planning on a good night run so I wasn't particularly upset about the rain. I never thought I'd be the type of runner who would like running in the rain but it's actually one of my favorite times to run now. This was a big thunderstorm with tons of lightning and some pretty strong winds so it carried on for a while. Once it had just about died down (and gotten dark) Brent and I geared up for a run. I swear I'd probably cut my time in half if I didn't carry so much crap with me. I've got my Nike CV10 pace/distance watch, mp3 player, FuelBelt, camera phone (in the pocket of my FuelBelt), my Dazer and sometimes I carry my pepper spray, too. Our initial plan was to run 5 miles, and Brent thought he'd join me for 4 depending on how his knee was feeling. Man, it was a PERFECT night for a run. The rain had cooled things off and it was actually **a bit chilly**, for the first 1/4 mile or so anyway. I have no idea why we felt so great but we did, it's like everything was perfect in the running world. Brent's knee was behaving itself so he stayed with me for five. As we got near the end I asked him if he wanted to go for one more mile and so we did. Then near the end of Mile 6 Brent asked me if I wanted to go for one more mile. So we did. It was starting to get late then and we'd drained the water we brought with us so we headed back. It was an awesome run - great weather, the music on my mp3 player was perfect and it was nice to have the company! Some nights I like to run alone with my thoughts and other nights I love to have the company. I don't think last night's run would have been nearly as much fun by myself.

Anyway, today was raining and dreary and gross. We're on the leading edge of Hurricane Katrina. Yup, I live 7-8 hours from the beach but we get to 'enjoy' a big chunk of the rain the beach people get. I wouldn't complain if I could also enjoy the beach! There has to be a trade-off, right?? They say the heavy rainfall will start around 11 and continue through 1 tomorrow. I just hope it's finished before I'm ready to run tomorrow night!! People around here are already freaking out as they're predicting 15 inches of rain. They've actually closed schools here for tomorrow!! Crazy. We don't get much (if any) snow here on an annual basis, so they look for any reason to shut schools down. If they so much as predict a snowflake schools will close. Last year we had 1 snow with less than an inch of accumulation and the whole city shut down.

What's even crazier than that madness is that there are STILL no results from Sat night's Run for the Party. Crazy!! I've had several people end up on my webpage today from google searches for the results, so at least I'm not the only person wondering. What does bother me are all the people who end up here on the search "watching Denise Austin's butt". Seriously. You wouldn't believe how many people end up here using that search. I have NEVER said those words together, but sometimes I work out with here DVDs and sometimes my daily target is the 'butt' and I'm sure I've watched something (like ROCK STAR INXS, baby!!). I'm a little worried about all those people searching for butt pics of Denise Austin. If I were going to search for someone's butt (and I was a guy) it would probably be J-lo, or Beyonce, but Denise Austin???

Have a great night!!

Rachel

Exercise:
Fri - 1 mile am walk with Pippin
Sat - 5K am run, 5K pm run
Sun - 7 mile run, 20 minutes yoga/pilates (focus:butt, mine - not Denise Austin's!!)
Mon - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 20 minutes yoga/pilates (focus:arms)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home