Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Running from the monster

Hey everyone! Tonight was a great night for a run. We took off for a 5-miler around 7:30 (actually it's 5.2 miles according to my Forerunner). Of course it was already dark, and there's just something spooky about running in the dark. I'm not sure why, since the same people are usually walking their dogs and there's plenty of people driving by. We've been watching a lot of Lost lately, and if you know anything about Lost it can be pretty spooky. Lots of crazy things are out in that jungle, so there's always people running and things jumping out of the bushes, etc. I didn't think I'd really want a fast run tonight but for some reason my feet just started moving once I got warmed up and Brent and I separated into our own paces. The first two miles went pretty fast, around mile 3 I slowed down a bit and then at the 4 mile turn around I picked the pace back up. I finished in 46 minutes, which is really fast for me for this run. I usually finish this same run in 48-49 minutes so I was pretty happy with my time and I know I could have improved on mile 3.

I forgot to mention during Sunday's run we tried out a couple of new energy gel flavors. I had Clif's Cola Buzz. It was SO good. It's by far my favorite flavor of energy gel so far. It tasted a bit like a coke float. Very good! Brent tried Gu's new Espresso flavor. It was pretty good, and ties with Clif's Mocha Mocha flavor for me. Both of them were better than the vanilla bean I tried a few weeks ago. As much as I love vanilla everything it was just too sweet for me during a hot run.

Well, it's time for me to watch our TiVo'd Rock Star Inxs!! We TiVo'd Biggest Loser so hopefully we'll get to watch it later this week.

See ya!
Rachel

Exercise:
Tues - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 5 mile evening run, 20 minutes yoga/toning (focus: upper body)

3 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Good run! It is spooky running at night. You have Tivo? I love Tivo. I've had it since March and it's simplified my life!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger D said...

Great run! We need those kind of runs every once in awhile to keep us motivated!!

I have to admit I've never fallen asleep on the treadmill....lol!

I need to get TIVO - I think I'm the last human on earth without it!

Happy Running!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

we need a Tivo :(
Do you have DirecTV too? Our local cable doesn't work with Tivo and we can't get DirecTV at our apt b/c we don't have a balcony to mount the dish thingy. Sucks!
I am renting Lost from Netflix. I shoud get my first disc this week. Is it really good??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home