Saturday, September 20, 2008

Got gas?

Hey all! Sorry not so much posting on here lately, most of what's going on around here is more suited for the private blog, so I'm keeping my biz in those parts lately. I think at some point I will probably only post there, and just use this one for exercise/getting back into pre-baby shape only. There are too many creeps and psychos in this world, those that you know and those you don't, for me to really be all about posting my life publicly, and esp the life of babygirl. And honestly, who doesn't have a blog these days?? It's getting a little much. There are some people's narrow-minded pea brains I wish I'd never seen the inside of......

I guess the main news around here is our big-time gas shortage. Nashville is pretty much out of gas. It's weird to drive around and see most gas stations roped off with caution tape because they have none, or no prices up on the signs because there's nothing left to sell. I rarely fill my tank up, usually I'm running late to work when I realize I need gas and since a tank lasts me right at a month, I typically put in some random amount before jumping in and rushing off. I ended up getting about 3/4 of a tank about 3 days before Ike and I'm really glad I did! On the other hand, Brent hasn't been so lucky. He needs gas about once a week, and got stuck having to get some the day of Ike - when price gauging started - and then needed a refill yesterday, when the massive panic and huge lines started (and even more price gauging). He had to drive all around the 'burb he works in to get gas, and for the first time ever we have premium in our car! The only station that had regular had massive lines (that extend into streets, etc) & would've taken him at least 30 minutes to get through. Our news is full of footage of people being lined up down streets, police called into various areas to help control "gas rage" and radio stations have people calling in just to let you know where you can get gas! Even our neighborhood message board has messages of people helping others find stations. It's crazy stuff. Here's an article on CNN about it...

We don't have too many places to go this weekend, so we should be able to conserve gas, and Brent can always drop me off at work if I end up having to give him my car with gas. Ironically we do need to do some car shopping, but this weekend just isn't the right time for riding all over town! We started looking last weekend, and have a few various models (used) in mind to replace the Jeep. We haven't spent much time on the car hunt yet, mostly because I will be sad to see it go and also hate to spend money on something so valueless as a car. But I can't see myself hoisting a baby in the back seat of a Wrangler, so it's time to get serious! Tomorrow we have to drive out the suburbs to order our crib and nursery furniture, and that's about as far as we'll have to go from the Eastside this weekend.

On workouts, I got in 2 lunch workouts. My goal pre-preg was 4/wk and now it's 3/wk. Monday was out because of our ultrasound date day, then Tues I was off-site at a meeting all day. Wed was way too gorgeous for the gym, so I did walk 1.5 outside at lunch in the wonderful weather before spending Thurs and Fri at the gym. And I still walk 1 mile each afternoon with a coworker, so babygirl and I are still burning our calories. Although prob not enough for the cheesecake we treated ourselves to from the Cheesecake Factory last night. =)

Ok, that's all for here! Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gas stuff is definitely crazy. glad to hear you both are doing well. Good luck car shopping.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Wow, that is unbelievable about the gas shortage.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad we do not have a gas shortage here. I usually fill up about once a week and so does my wife. Good luck with the car and baby shopping. Very exciting times.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I noticed gas jumped 40 cents overnight at my sister's place in VA. Had no idea it was even worse where you're at. Yikes.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I have heard a little bit about the gas issues from one of my employees. It's so sad! The prices went up in our neighborhood about 30 cents over two days, but has gone down this past week. It's actually MUCH cheaper by 30 cents or more to fill up in the suburbs than in Chicago.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I noticed some sporadic gas shortages here too - I'm hoping it won't get worse. Good luck to you guys.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, replica watches, ugg boots, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, burberry, michael kors outlet, longchamp, ugg boots, gucci outlet, michael kors, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

air force, nike trainers, sac longchamp, sac guess, tn pas cher, coach outlet, new balance pas cher, ray ban pas cher, air max, timberland, true religion jeans, north face, nike roshe, nike free run uk, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, hollister pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, true religion outlet, air jordan pas cher, nike blazer, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, nike roshe run, vanessa bruno, hogan, longchamp pas cher, ray ban uk, lululemon, converse pas cher, longchamp, hollister, mulberry, nike air max, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, replica handbags, north face, coach purses, oakley pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, hermes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home