Monday, July 30, 2007

Crazy!

Well, I just signed Brent and I up for our very first bike ride (organized ride). We're going to do the 31-mile option of the Ride Across Wilson County on Aug 18th. I think we can ride 31 miles. The furthest I've ridden is 16 (last weekend) and Brent has ridden 12. We didn't feel tired after either one, so if we take it easy then I don't think 31 should be too bad. There's a duathlon this weekend that I really wanted to do, but it would cost us $55 each, and this ride (although there is no run or anything) is only $20 each. With a massively expensive kitchen to pay for, and a need for a new laptop, a road bike for me and a camera lens for Brent the cost of the du was just way too much. There will be plenty of time for du-s and tri-s next summer when I won't wait until the last minute and can take advantage of reduced rates.

I totally didn't run last weekend. I rode 16 miles solo Saturday while Brent worked at the gallery (I'll talk about that ride next time 'cuz I took some pics I need to download) and I just had no desire to run at all on Saturday or Sunday. So, I skipped it. I've been doing really well with my runs, I just had no desire to do my planned 8-miler. I didn't want to run today either, but since it's the end of the month and I only had 2 days to get in a few more miles I did run 4.2 today. The first step was just torment, but it got easier after that. Usually if I make myself start the run ends up fine. I thought adding in cycling, swimming, more toning, etc would make me not mind running so much - but I still do. The burnout is still there. The bike is just so fun - you can COAST. There's no coasting in running. And when you need a break swimming - just FLOAT. And I know with running you can WALK, but there's just something about it that doesn't feel the same.

Although truthfully swimming just wears me out most of all!! It's crazy to me how it just zaps me, and I consider myself pretty good at endurance events! I swam 650 meters, my longest distance yet, one night last week. The pool was pretty empty so I just did my awkward thing. If I ever just RELAX and focus on breathing, technique, and let go of the "panic" I do Ok. I swam until my leg cramped up and I literally had to gimp my way out of the pool. So embarrassing. I swear I even caught myself pronating in the pool. Is that even possible??? I still think I am going to hire a coach, because at this rate I will never be able to complete a tri. Or least without causing complete dishonor to me and my family.

Speaking of, it's time to roll out of here and give our black and white fleabag a bath. And when I say fleabag - I mean it. We've picked about 5 or 6 fleas off him the past couple of days and that's not good. So if you are reading this and are bidding against me for Frontline on Ebay - STOP, WE NEED IT!

And, in other big news the jury selected two of Brent's pieces for the Photo-mato Art show, the same weekend as the big East Nashville Tomato Festival Art show he was also selected in. YEAH!!!

Rae

WIDTW-
Sun-7.2 mile run
Mon-4.2 mile run, 20 mins toning
Tues-20 mins ellip, 15 mins stairmill, 20 mins toning
Wed-Rest
Thurs-4.2 mile run, 650 meters swim
Fri-4.2 mile run
Sat - 16 mile ride
Sun - Rest
Mon - 4.2 mile run, 7.5 mile ride

5 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will love the organized rides! The rest stops are the best. ha! Got to love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

I had some friends up your way this past weekend for the brew festival.

Good luck with the art shows.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun on the organized ride. No doping beforehand:)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Rich said...

My vet said the fleas are back this year in Texas because of all the rain and the ground is soft. The drought we've had in years past had controlled it, but no more.

Good luck!

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Great job, Rae.

I did not know that you could buy vet supplies on Ebay. Now I have seen everything.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

The bike is just so fun = music to my ears.

U are swimming as well..excellent...soon u will be like one of us..spandex wearing, legs shaving triathletes.. :D.

As for the swim. 650 m is very good. My first swim, 100 m before i die. And my legs cramp up once in a while in the pool as well. So you ain't the only one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home