Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm a sucker for speech quizzes

Funny story. Remember how we called the cops on a guy back on Easter for sleeping outside our house? And we wondered if we would ever meet that person, or if they had a blog, or wouldn't it be funny if they ran across my blog about it? Well, we met him. Brent's part of 48 hour film project/festival this weekend, and tonight was a group meeting to brainstorm for the upcoming weekend's activities. We rode our bikes over to our friend's house where the meeting is (how urbanly cool are we???) and I worked on the weekend's menu with the wife while the team met. When the meeting was over and were about to ride back Brent walked over and told me that S was who we had called the cops on. Hilarious. We have met our Subaru driving terrorist. We actually met him a few weeks ago at their house, but our exact house location never came up. Tonight he asked Brent where we lived and we have a pretty "memorable" house because of our location to a school and the white picket fence. People just remember it. He said the school had told him they only had 6 spots and suggested he arrived there early. Well, he did! He wasn't mad or anything, he thought it was hilarious as well. If only we had met a few months earlier and he could've just camped out on our porch and been much more comfortable!

I stole the following quiz from ShoreTurtle, who I wish would move here, since his house is up for sale anyway! I don't know why I never end up with Southern. I think I pronounce things properly, I just pronounce them with an accent I don't realize I have. Anyway, enjoy!


What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Midland

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Whoa! That's odd!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

Thanks for yoru comment and following my training all this year (and last year) :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Awww, that's sweet. I'll check with Redhead fangirl. Are any of your neighbors selling their houses?

You have much less of an accent than Brent. You're more normal sounding. ; )

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That is SO funny!!! I keep wondering when Miss Thumbs is gonna find your blog, too!! Haha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home