Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tidbits

- Today the guy from Home Depot came to do our final kitchen walk through. We were pretty excited, hoping that this meant the end of the contractor process. The only thing wrong was a cabinet door that was a little squeaky and we figured he would be able to adjust it. Nope, he said it must be warped so they’ve had to order a new door so we’re not rid of them yet. They had told me they would take final pics of the kitchen for our file and to show potential customers (although I would HIGHLY advise AGAINST using Home Depot at 100 Oaks and any of their contractors, they have been terrible) so of course I cleaned the kitchen up last night, mopped the floors of muddy paw prints and had it ready for the cover of any Home Depot ad. I was keeping Pippin wrangled (this guy likes to stir him up) in the living room so I missed the photo shoot. After he was gone Brent told me to abandon my hopes of a national campaign or Better Home and Garden cover featuring our kitchen – the buffoon had his drill, papers, and all his random crap spread out all over the counters during the shoot. That sort of sums up our whole experience with them. Crap everywhere and complete ignorance.
-I skipped going to the gym today. I’ve just been zonked all week and wasn’t in the mood for the sweat factory. Instead I walked a few blocks to the enormous downtown main library. Wow. That place is amazing. It’s fairly new and my tax dollars were well spent there. It’s 3 stories and full of resources. I was SO intimidated though! I spent all my high school years in the main library in Memphis writing papers. I could do it all – microfiche, periodical searches, you name it and I was on it! Everything is so state of the art now – you even have a PIN number to go along with your keychain sized library card so you can log into your account from home, request book transfers, check your account status, etc. You can also download audio books to your computer and then transfer them to your ipod. Crazy. The card catalog has come a looooong way! The self service check out lanes are just nuts. I checked out some books on San Fran and am going to have some cookbooks I’m interested in potentially buying in the future transferred to this branch. They also have a beautiful Nashville room – more of an entire wing, really! – that overlooks the state capital. An architect with a love for the city designed this library. We plan to do some research on our house, so hopefully we can go back and spend a Saturday there digging in the archives.

-If you live in the ‘Ville and you’re bored Friday night come to the Glow show and buy Brent’s only piece of Glow in the Dark Photography. It’s pretty awesome. And I’m working the food table from 9-10 pm so stop by and I’ll let you take an extra chocolate covered strawberry. If you buy some art.

-I'm not sure what's been going on downtown this week, but the old people are in FULL force. Every afternoon on my way home it's old people everywhere. Seriously, it's got to be some sort of AARP conference or something. Yesterday I saw the WORST PAIR OF PANTS EVER on one of them - check this out! Ugh. Terrible.

-I'm only 100 pages into Harry Potter and I think I will be the last person in the US to finish it. I just hope I don't happen upon someone who spoils it all. We just TiVod all the Next Food Network Stars episodes and today I accidentally found out who won because I pulled up foodnetwork.com and of course on their front page they have a big ole picture of the winner. Blah.

-The Tour De France lasts about a week longer than it should. End already and give my TiVo some personal space.

That's all! Have a great Thursday!

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG, those pants are HAWT!!!

Yeah, I'm over the Tour, too. Dirty cyclists and their drugs. Boo.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Oh wow. I interviewed at the magazine where the Food Network winner used to work. She's pretty neat -- lives in a very small house she and her husband built behind her parents' place in El Cajon. Truly follows the less is more rule.

And, yeah, those are some LOUD pants.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hey, c'mon, I have a running tech shirt that's the same color, and I'm pretty darn proud of it!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Chris Howard said...

I like your writing and those pants are hilarious. I had a lot of fun reading this one, especially the part about the losers from the Home Depot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home