Saturday, July 21, 2007

So Cal or No Cal?

The good news: we have full electricity! Yay!! Supposedly the electric company came by some time in the night but didn't see a problem (huh?) and assumed the call was in error. Like we would call the electric company at 2 am on accident?? Anyway, we called them right at 7 when they started up for the day, explained the issue and about an hour and a half later the electric company was here. It took them all of 5 minutes to fix - apparantly the electrician who fixed our main circuit a few weeks ago did not put the outer cap of the meter back on straight, and over the last few weeks it's just adjusted itself and half of it came disconnected. I'd guess we won't be calling him for future repairs. We were really glad it was that simple to fix, so we celebrated by having our Harry Potter cupcakes for breakfast and enjoying a couple of minutes on the porch before Brent headed back over to work on the film project.

I didn't have enough time or energy to get in a run or a ride after they left and before I needed to head over for the film project. So, with the couple of minutes I had I started trying to figure out where we should go on our much, much needed vacay. What do you think, Northern California (San Fran) or Southern California (San Diego) and why??? Which one would be better for relaxing and seeing a few sights? I've been to SoCal on business, and Brent's been to NoCal as a kid. I know which one I think I'm leaning towards, but I can't decide! What do you think???

Alright, time to get a shower and head back over to cook dinner for the film crew!

Rae

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Theoutofshapeguy said...

Barb and I went to San Fran for our 1 year wedding anniv and loved it. We wondered around, saw the sights, went to alcatraz, went on a ghost tour, and just enjoyed ourselves.

One thing i didn't like about san fran was the fact that i needed to buy a thin coat in august.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Nor Cal! Definitely! Because that's where all the cool people are. haha But, also, seriously, for reals, the sf bay area is beautiful and fun and diverse and the food is AWESOME and there are so many places to ride bikes, and horses, and trails and woods to run on and ferries all around the bay, and the ball park is amazing and it's so fun!!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I vote for San Fran. I used to visit when I was a kid and always loved it.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I would go for Northern California. You are talking WINE country nearby. Yummmmm!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I'll go out on a limb and vote S.F. for you guys. Given how you like to explore, the city will not let you down. There'll be tons of little quirks and nooks and other stuff for you to find, no shortage of food, and certainly no shortage of sights!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home