Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cowboy hats not required

I can hardly believe the Country Music Marathon (& half) is just a few days away! Yee haw!! And I am so glad I only signed up for the half instead of the full. This kitchen project has me more exhausted than I've ever been in my life. I LITERALLY fell asleep having dinner Sat night at the Rosepepper (super loud, trendy Tex-Mex joint in our hood). I was eating and then all of the sudden I was just out. I can fall asleep anywhere right now, and that's so not me. We got all the plumbing done Saturday and ran more electrical Sunday and last night. I even conquered my fear of the weedeater and for the first time in my life I am no longer scared of that thing. With Brent working hard on the electrical there was no reason I couldn't tame the beast and get our out of control yard back in control. And it really wasn't so bad, and it's one more thing to cross off the list before I turn 30 this fall. Tonight he's teaching me how to do drywall. My resume just keeps getting beefier and beefier.

This week will be a lot higher on the relaxation chart. Tomorrow night we're going to the My Chemical Romance concert and then the Jayhawks will be here this weekend for the race. I still need to give Pips a bath and clip his nails before his big meetup with Phog. We're telling him about it all week so when he meets Phog he can put it all together. Like one of those "Oooooh moments". My training for the half has truly been nill. If there's an extreme taper plan I'm in the EXTREME EXTREME taper plan. But I know I can run 13.1 miles and I've already accepted the fact this won't be my best half time ever and I'll just have fun with it. There are a LOT of things in life more important than running and right now running is where it should be - far down the list. We've got exciting art shows to prep for, parties to plan, a kitchen that's going to be beautiful when it's all done, etc etc and running will find its place where it fits in. I'm just not someone who becomes obsessed with a plan dictating my life. I want life to dictate my life. When I look back I know running marathons will be something I'm proud of accomplishing, but I really don't think it will be THAT high on the list.

Anyway, lunch is over so it's back to work. I'll post my Bib # later, I can't remember what it is. Something that starts with a 5 - I'm in Corral 5! Yee haw!

9 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Good luck this weekend and have fun.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balance and perspective are good things....good luck Saturday.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

That's keeping your eyes on the prize, Rae. Good luck this weekend. Sounds like it will be a fun race, speedy, slow or anywhere in between.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Have fun at your half, it's okay to take it easy once in awhile!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

good luck and say hi to the jayhawks for me! I can't wait for GMR!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you guys are doing all the work on your house yourselves! Amazing...good luck on your half!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

I think that in life there are moments for everything and the top moment for the marathons in your life is not this but it had its moment!
It was a whole challenge but now it is great you can have lots of fun with it after doing great ones!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Big Jay said...

Phog is getting his bath tonight and we've been attempting to prep him for the big Pips meet up. This will certainly be amusing.

I didn't realize you were in corral 5! Holy cow. You'll surely be half way done before I cross the finish line.

Looking forward to hanging out with you two! I may even pack some chaps and cowboy boots.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck,Rae! You will do great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home