Friday, April 06, 2007

Demo Friday

Today was my first ever Good Friday corporate holiday and as much as I would have loved to sleep in, get a mani/pedi or go shopping we had a wall to beat the hell out of. (Brent used a vacay day for today.) Here are some pics from our whacking good day.

First, it's stupid cold here. It's April and it's going to get down to 20 degrees tonight. I am not enjoying this cold front. Our neighbor's yard looks like a KKK convention and it has Pippin all freaked out. I've seen Pippin bark and growl at the sheet creatures a few times over the last couple of days.










Here's what the wall looked like before. Painted all pretty and red with lots of great shelving and pantry storage we built last July when we moved in. It served its purpose but it's time for bigger and better. We're tearing this wall out for actual pantry cabinets and a small prep area as well as a space for a small cafe table and to have extra room for the seating around that will go around our island. We removed the one cabinet that sat in front of the wall and if we'd known it was that easy to move we would've moved it when we painted!








Working hard with all appropriate safety gear:












I like this one because you can see my hand coming back through the wall and it makes my arm look really long!












By the end of today we had the whole piece of wall above the washer and dryer removed (we're moving them out of the kitchen and into a different room) and most of the bottom layer of the strange storage area above the fridge removed. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow all of it will be GONE!

4 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

wow you are keeping busy! I don't know how you get all the ambition!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger lainb said...

for real - you're a ball of energy! it makes me tired just thinking about everything on your plate. i must say, renovating a new home sounds like a lot of fun to me though (sigh - maybe one day).

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I LOVE demo day!! The feeling of sledgehammer really feels good. This is fun part of the project. How cool!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

You are such hard-workers never stop!

I will hire you, you seem to be so experts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home