Monday, March 26, 2007

Pic of the Day/Links to other race reports

No time to post today, tonight has been full of laundry and having Pippin stretched across me snoring and dreaming away while we watch 24. Poor thing, he came back from the kennel more exhausted than we were. I don't know what he does there, and I don't think I want to. When I walked in and told the guy I was there to pick up Pippin he said "Oh good. He is so ready to go home." Huh???? Did he start talking while we were gone? And I said "Oh, he's pretty hyper, huh". He shook his head and went "Oh yeah. He is DONE with being here and just ready to go. " I really don't want to know what he did while we were gone. It's best not to know.

So, in lieu of a race report here's my fave pic that we've downloaded from the trip so far. This is the half marathon packet pick-up from outside the expo. It wrapped down the block and clear around the building. I don't have a clue what all these people are doing but something about this picture just absolutely cracks me up. I think it's the randomness of the things that go on around you that you never notice. I was just snapping a pic of the ridiculous line and ended up with a lot of shots of humanity. Brent and I came up with at least a dozen stories about the random things these people might have been thinking.

And since I don't have a report for you I found a few new blogs (to me) of people who ran the race on the 'net today. Some of these people had a good day, others not so much. Enjoy!

News article forwarded to me about the "ups and downs" of the inaugural race
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/03/25/0325raceburst.html


Blog A,
Blog B,
& Blog C,
& Sarah's report

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Poor Pippin! I hope that he sleeps very well tonight.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger David said...

Thanks for the leads to the other blogs to read of RBF efforts in Atlanta. Had me reading for 90 minutes today.

No question that the road service at the race stunk. At least they had water from mile 8 on.Fortunately nobody was seriousl hurt (or so I believe).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home