Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sort of like Where's Waldo

W'sup?????? It's getting downright hot in this steambath. 80 degrees at 5 today!?!?!?! And the forecast for Sunday's marathon - high of 85, low of 57. Huh???? The heat is going to suck considering most of our training runs have been in the freezing cold. Oh well, Miami was the same way. I went from layers to tanks but at least I expected it that time and had been tanning in a bottle for a few weeks. This time you'll just have to look at pics of my winter albino self.

So, for all the tracking bandits out there here are the digits:
I'm bib #2240
http://www.doitsports.com/results/MSG-signup.tcl?sub_event_id=189429

You have to create some sort of account and it will send you updates. I guess on race morning you can probably log in and track online, but I'm not totally sure. And I guess it doesn't matter
to me since I know where I'll be. =)

Note to self: Do not sign up for ANY MORE EST RACES!!!! I hate Eastern Time, it's too early! The race starts at 7 am EST which is 6 am for me. Blah!!! Pacific Time is the way to go. Even mountain time.

Today I printed out all the important stuff - maps to the posh hotel we're staying out, maps to IKEA and other important shopping landmarks! Tonight I'm relaxing and I'm about to start packing. I got 4 miles in earlier, 5 miles yesterday and tomorrow I'll do 2 miles. My ipod is all loaded up and there's not a whole lot left to do except try to relax a little. Pippin's weekend vacay is booked and we're headed out around lunch on Friday.

Today our new wall oven and telescopic downdraft were delivered. YAY! We're starting to have quite the accumulation of appliances in our dining room! On Friday morning they come out to do the pre-consultation which means they're re-measuring and making sure all the cabinets and arrangements we've designed will fit. So, by this time next week everything kitchen related should be decided on. And Brent and I are going to knock out a wall next week, post-marathon. How exciting is that??? We've had two people tell us they "think" it's not load-bearing. Gotta love the thinkers.

That's it for now! Time to do some packing and hopefully not forget anything important!!

12 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holy cow I did not realize you were running a marathon so soon. Good luck!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Wow! It sounds very nice.

The wall project sounds LOTS of fun!! Bring on the sledge hammer!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Good luck Rae!!!

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Great race! Know you and Brent will do fine.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Good luck this weekend. Look forward to the race report.
Sorry but I am ready for the heat.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger David said...

Good luck. Hope to see you there.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Danny said...

geez, your feed disappeared from my bloglines. here i was thinking you hadn't blogged in a while...

good luck in georgia! i'll be tracking you.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck!!!

I think I would get one more opinion on that wall! Hopefully one that knows it's not load bearing!

Have fun at Ikea!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger seagull junker said...

have a great race and have fun!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger brent said...

have a good race!!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Good luck. Better carry plenty of water -- and cash for IKEA afterward.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

You are well on your way to GA by now, but have a great race. Is there an RBF meet up going on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home