Saturday, April 07, 2007

Demo Day 2

What's up!! We got most everything accomplished today that we wanted to - all the wall is removed except for 3 original studs. Part of our kitchen was added onto, prob about 20 years ago. Instead of extending a certain beam they ended it and rested it on these studs, so we're going to have to do some reinforcing before we can remove these studs. Regardless, we made a big showing today.












Demo is such a messy job. There is dust EVERYWHERE in our house. Every room, every piece of furniture. I swear, even Pippin is dusty. He decided not to help today and instead sunned himself in the den. I do have some cute videos of him and the demo I need to upload, though. He makes his thoughts on the deconstruction QUITE clear.













I don't see how people do this for a living, day in and day out. It's truly exhausting. And it gives us some serious appetite!! We went out for Indian tonight and absolutely pigged out. I feel like a bottomless pit at the end of the day when we sit down for a good meal.

I didn't run this morning, I figure I'm doing cross training with this project. Besides, it was 28 degrees when I got up and I wasn't into that. I'm running the Country Music Half in a few weeks, but I don't really think I need to do any specific training for it between now and then. I will run as much as I can, but with all we have to do on the kitchen this next month the CMM 1/2 will be more of a training run than a race for me. On a side note in the mail today we got our Resident notification for the race since we live so close to it!! It tells us of all the road closures and such in our 'hood. I wish it ran closer to our house, but it does run on our street, just 1.75 miles down!

Happy Easter everyone!

Rae

9 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger susie said...

I say you deserve to eat as much as you want after that job!!

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been so long (I think '92) since I've gotten to wheel a road race (mostly 5ks with one 8k; I liked 'em short!). I don't think I recall any of them being in residential areas at all. One was on an armed forces base in Tustin, CA. Others have been in mostly commercial areas. That would've been neat to run by your house, but hopefully you get to go to some other cool 'hoods.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

I can't imagine how you are brave enough to do it one day. Not for the work itself but the dust.... gr
But you guys are so dedicated!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger David said...

The Pippin shot is priceless. Enter that in next year's doggy pic contest.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Man you make me tired just thinking about knocking out walls!

Happy Easter!

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want to come over and get schooled on demo! We're about to do that to our bathroom. I'd love any advice or pointers.

Saw you two at Home Depot yesterday afternoon from across the parking lot. Did they kick you guys out too? We'd barely walked in and they closed. Pttthhbb.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Indian food...yummm!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Have you guys ever thought about visiting Germany, I could use some help on my next home improvement project ;-) I think your kitchen is going to rock when you are finished!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

yeah, i'm thinking demo counts as cross-training...and then some! good work! let me know when you're ready to be hired out. i have a few projects that need doing...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home