Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veterans Day Run

Hey guys! We've been reformatting our computer all week (and for a day or two we didn't think lappy would make it) but she's back and faster than ever! So, I have a lot of writing and reading to catch up on.

BUT, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Veteran's Day and let you all know that Brent's life has just been made complete. And sadly, not by me. Our 10 mile easy final long run before next weekend's marathon took us from our house and through downtown. We didn't know until we got there that a Veteran's Day parade was taking place. It's a cold and blustery 45 degrees today (total opposite of yesterday's sunny 80+ degrees). BUT, who doesn't love a good parade!! And who doesn't enjoy running the parade route!!! ANYWAY, loads of details and LOADS of pics to come, BUT here's what made Brent's day:

Jerry Reed, grand marshal of the parade, hanging out of his convertible and yelling at Brent (who was wearing a long sleeve tech and shorts) "BOY, what are you doing out here in your underwear???" I thought our marriage was nearly over when I had no clue who Jerry Reed was.

More details of how Brent and I totally MADE the parade (because we are THE most enthusiastic cheerleaders you've ever seen) later but for now it's time for me to shower!!!

7 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger brent d. said...

Not only was it Jerry Reed but I do believe he was EAST BOUND AND DOWN. WOOHOO!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, that is SO COOL!!! fun!!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger susie said...

Nothing like getting noticed:)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger mouse said...

ok. WHO THE FUCK IS JERRY REED?

seriously. brent is so weird.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

WOW! Ah...who's Jerry Reed?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

LOL I love you guys! Sounds like a fun and hilarious run!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here in American Samoa, in the laundromat today, when I said that I was from Tennessee, the guy responded with "Country Music, right"

I asked him if he liked country music, which he responded "Yes"

Too bad I couldn't have thrown your names around, you know, being Jerry Reed's personal friend and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home