Thursday, July 13, 2006

What's that line from Annie????

So today was not the best day ever. We've been packing like mad people for the past week and just staying focused on being ready to move today. Too bad mortgage lenders don't have the same work ethic. Even though I sent my lender an email Monday and received a response back from her (in writing) assuring me that everything was finished and in line she called me yesterday afternoon to let me know the appraisal had not been done yet. WTF??? I just don't understand people. I know as a whole Americans suck, they have no work ethic (in general), and I rarely expect above and beyond from anyone, but I do (crazily) expect people to JUST do their job. That's a pretty big "oversight". So a very rude appraiser headed out there yesterday evening, was late (of course), and I had been assured he would have his stuff by 10 am this morning. Of course that didn't happen. So, long story short, and I swear to God I'm sick of talking about it, we didn't buy a house today. On the flip side, our buyer is using some ridiculous lender out of California and they are "running behind" on their paperwork so that didn't happen today either. I am so incredibly sick of people. Supposedly we are going to close on everything at 1 tomorrow but I no longer believe what anyone except Brent and our real estate agent (who says she is our new best friend) say. People are rotten. End of story.

I think we should just move into our car! It's huge, has two air conditioners and is paid for.

Oh well, we'll keep you posted.

19 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry. That TOTALLY sucks. I was having the same thoughts today about how it sucks when people don't do their job-and then it's YOUR problem. When I did the walk-through of my new place (the FINAL FINAL walkthrough) it was missing a stove, hadn't been cleaned, and they didn't fix the cabinets I pointed out LAST time. And it's totally my problem even though they're not on their game. AND no one ever answers my e-mails!!!!!!

Again, really really sorry about that. I totally empathize!!! Everyone sucks. You should totally move into your car :)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Argh! That is so totally frustrating! Hopefully tomorrow will go off without a hitch. Good luck!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

OMG! That's just SUCKS! I hope the rest of the paperwork gets done very soon.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, I hope it goes well tomorrow!!!

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buying a house is such a pain in the ass. If it's not one thing, it's another. Nothing EVER goes smoothly. If it makes you feel any better, our mortgage lender held up our house purchase as well, and he's my father-in-law!!! In the end though, it all has a way of working out. Hope it goes smoothly from here on out.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I'll cross my fingers and say a prayer.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger D said...

What a concept: if everyone does their job and finished by the deadlines they set, everything would go smoothly. Too bad it never turns out that way because people are slackers! It would be nice if people kept their word - or if their word actually meant something. I hope everything turns out for you guys.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hope this ends soon, don't get too angry and don't waist your energy on that, it all will pass soon.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did live out of my Celica for a summer when I worked in Nags Head. It's not all that bad, sleeping gets a little uncomfortable, but it sure beats having to deal with stupid people.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Anne said...

No offense, but aren't all real estate agents your new best friend until the sale goes through and the commission is theirs. Sorry you're experiencing some snafus. Hope tomorrow is better. And hope the hold up on your buyer isn't a bad sign.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

we had similar issues. apparently it is perfectly acceptable in the real estate world for everything to run behind. so frustrating!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

people are so totally annoying, aren't they??? I mean REALLY!!! when i bought my condo, the appraiser was such a dick he denied my app at first bcs...oh nevermmind why. he was a dick. and when i called to ask him what I had to actually DO to get the loan, he HUNG UP ON ME!!!

i vote for the car. the ymca has really great showers!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on tolerating the process and the incompetent people who are usually responsible for taking care of things.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

ugh...house buying drama is never any fun. I hope things worked out for you guys yesterday.

Someone always has to go around and screw things up...it's amazing that people are able to keep jobs as long as they do with the lack of work ethic going around these days.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Its very possible that rotten house luck is contageous. I should be sitting in mynew house right now but the sellers are still mucking around with a major repair and we had to pay $800 to extend our mortgage rate lock. :(

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

It's Sunday morning and I trust that by now everything is finally settled. I understand how hard the process can be. There's a lot at stake.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Rice said...

Glad you got a good agent. They can carry a lot of things to the end when it all starts to go bad. I know I (I’m in Real Estate) start to get a little worried when I have a deal where there are no problems to fix.

Cheers.

Rice.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Real estate deals almost never go smoothly. Its just a law of nature. By the time ours was done I hated both agents and the buyer of our house. It eventually all worked out and five years later I've forgotten all about it, really I have. Its just like the last 0.2 in a marathon the longest, hardest part but worth it in the end. Stay strong and don't give up.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

grrrrrrrrrrr....I think blogger ate my comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home