Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hey guys! Everything is going well here. Our normal day consists of walking Pippin, going to work (blah!), signing papers regarding the home purchase/sale, talking to realtors/mortgage ppl/inspection ppl, having some dinner, packing and squeezing in a few treadmill miles. I've been working hard this week to squeeze a few miles in here and there so I can still stay over 100 miles for the month (my minimum year round goal - very easy to meet during peak training times!). I worked on my training plan for the Twin Cities Marathon today at work. It's going to be time to amp up the miles really soon!!! Oct 1st will be here before I know it.

Everything is going fine with all the house stuff. The appraiser came to our house today and the realtor put the big SOLD! sign in our yard this afternoon. Yeah!! All 50 papers were gone, so it was time for the Sold sign to go up so people will quit pulling up outside and staring at our house. We have the inspection for the house we're buying Friday afternoon. That should be exciting! I plan on taking lots of pics! The guy we're buying the house from seems really nice. He and his fiance bought an old Victorian mansion (1899, I think) and they've been renovating it. Our realtor actually saw it today and she said it's beautiful. It's 4,500 sq ft on 2 acres in the middle of the city, and they're planning to get married there this fall. Anyway, he offered to give us some of the leftover original hardwood floors from it for our new house. There's ugly carpet in the master bedroom we plan to pull up, there's hardwoods underneath but you never know what type of shape they may be in. So I thought that was really nice! We're going out to dinner with our realtor tomorrow night to celebrate and I think she's going to invite them! I already checked with her to make sure he can't back out if he ends up hating us - she said it's all binding and we could sue him if he changed his mind because we're dorks. HA!

Oh well, I am sleepy and ready for bed. Have a great Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel

10 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Wow! You sound very busy. But it will go fast and you will have your new house in no time flat. I love to meet on the day of TCM. I just hope I can get my butt at the finish line fast enough (if I make it through the 10 mile lottery). It's going to be fun.

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the pics!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Wow, can't wait to hear all and see the pics. I hope the big move goes smoothly, get lots of rest while you can!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Congrats on the new house! I hope all goes well with the inspection.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Yeah! I'm happy for you guys. I can't wait to see pics!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Godo stuff..looks like everything is going in order...

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Great job getting the miles in even with the crazy schedule.

Can't wait to see house pics.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger David said...

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Busy life with the all the house stuff it sounds like, but I am happy to hear that you are planning to run Twin Cities. Good luck with all the house details.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Wow, that is exciting. I love Victoria style home. Hubby likes new. We had an older home last time, this time he got his way...lol.

Congrats and good luck with everything. I can't wait to see the pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home